Thursday, December 28, 2006

2006...in review

This is it, rat racers...the LAST post of 2006. I'm left with a bittersweet feeling...Sad when I reflect on the year being over already...yet glad to move on to what next year has in store. First off, I must thank each one of you...for tuning in to a Blog in the Life of SueVee when you've been bored at work, needed a break from the kids, or were just plain interested in reading about my misadventures. =) It has been a crazy year...There have been lots of struggles and disappointments...but there's also been a lot of good times too.

Taking my cue from Miss Suja K...I've decided to compile my 10 memories of 2006...

10. The death of Mr. John Rex...No one could have ever asked to work with a sweeter more considerate man. I feel his loss daily in this place. He's gone, but will never be forgotten!

9. My Thanksgiving trip to sunny, Florida. It was the best Thanksgiving in the history of Thanksgivings...So nice to have my BFs and family all at one dinner table.
8. PCNAK 2006. I haven't been to a conference in over 5 years, but I decided to come out of retirement for one last time. I'm not saying I actually had fun at the conference itself. It was the drive there (getting lost with Shrekky), the hotel stay with SunuA, the Friends Fun Night that never happened, watching Shrek make a fool out of herself speaking Malayalam, and toting around Beacons and bananas for 2 days.
7. The victorious win of Team Echad. The 06 Church picnic was the funnest ever. It was a battle between friends, families, and spouses. It got ugly, but hey we are all extremely determined individuals. Let's just say...it's so obvious that the best and brightest team won!
6. The Chacko's Scary Story...the book that Billy and I compiled for Micahji. I think it's the most creative thing both of us has done in 2006.
5. Mousse introducing herself to the old ladies at the ladies prayer meeting

4. Being Miss Ruby's Wedding Planner. From the bottom of my heart, I thank you for trusting me enough to give me a chance. I hope I won't let you down! 1 more week!!!
3. The much anticipated births of Micah and Landon. God blessed both of my dear friends with two beautiful, baby boys. 2. Moving into my own humble abode... 1. Finding a brown Howie Mandell. I'm just hoping I can somehow nab this guy in 07. ;)
God has taught me so much this year. Mainly, that He never gives you more than you can handle. I've had my share of really bad times and really wonderful times. And I thank the Lord for constantly teaching me to trust Him...because He knows the plans He has for me...plans for good and not evil...for a future and a hope! I hope all of you have a chance to reflect and count your blessings. Even if things seem really bleak in this moment, just let go and let God...and I promise that there will be better times ahead. Happy New Year to all of you...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is my favorite post of the entire year, poo =) happy new year to you...

kovoor36 said...

agreed! and happy 07!

Anonymous said...

my favorite too. :)

happy new year!=)

Ji-Ji... said...

me too :)
thanks for the idea. i was thinking of making a review post as well.. Have a great New Years weekend Sue.
btw, I thoroughly enjoyed the book, i send you a feedback e-mail. Hope you get to respond back.. Keep writing!

cookiemonsta said...

ooooooooooh. you told the whole world.. this MUST be LOWE ;)