Friday, December 15, 2006

I want a hippopotamus for Christmas....

only a hippopotamus will do.... (the song's stuck in my head!)

It's Friday! The day I've been waiting for the past four days. It's time for yet another fun-filled, busy weekend. A few months ago, my favorite kid on the planet asked me to "help" write another play for the youth this year. As much as I love those kids, I refused. I pretty much figured "help" meant "write the whole thing." Instead, I gave him an idea for a play, and told him to run with the idea. This year, the OKC youth will be putting on a play on the life of Esther, who happens to be my most favored Bible character...I call her "the come back kid." Anyway, I hear the black boo has a very fitting role in the production. She will be an African queen. Don't worry...pictures will be taken.

I'm also hosting a little Christmas shin-dig for my gal pals at my place this weekend. So, I decided I better try to make the place look a little more festive. I bummed some Christmas dishes from the Maternal Unit set out the Christmas place settings my sister so kindly donated to me during my last visit. Things are finally looking a little more Christmasy. ;)

I just purchased my own Christmas present and the guilt is killing me. Including shipping it is $50...and that's more than I care to spend on myself. But, it's something I've been reallllllly wanting and waiting for. The company (Sephora) was completely sold out of it, and if I really analyze it's a steal of a deal for all that make-up. But, for some reason...I'm still feeling guilty. I'm almost finished with my Christmas shopping..I just have the Maternal Unit left to buy for. She's always the hardest one on the list.

Well, rat racers 7 hours and 45 minutes...till the weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I can say is, I hope its some lotion to deal with the Ashy Wednesday you got going on around your Ankles......WORD!!!!!!!!!!

Scorps1027 said...

did you buy that sephora makeup blockbuster palette?

Sue V. said...

yep!

happy roy said...

sue, you should NOT feel guilty about that sephora purchase! i've been wanting to get it too, but i figured that i had enough makeup already...now i'm regretting not buying it sicne i have to throw out a lot of old makeup. :( it would have made a great christmas present for a lot of people too!