Friday, December 08, 2006

Gosh...I'm so gauche...

Encouraging Word:
Light shines on the godly, and joy on those whose hearts are right. Psalm 97:11

Ahhh...the weekend is on the horizon. As usual, I don't have much planned...just a bit of Christmas/India shopping, wedding errands with Miss Ruby, chillin' with SunuA, decorating Micahji's first Christmas tree, and of course...the Company Christmas dinner. =/

I used to look forward to social events at work, but now I'm too gauche to enjoy such things. Gauche is a term I picked up from my last visit to Florida. It's the word Matty used to describe me and himself. It means to lack social experience of grace. I used to be gauche in Indian social settings, but now I'm finding myself being universally gauche.

Well, I appreciate all the input I received on attire for India. I think I'll stick with cotton salwars for Kerala and something a bit more stylish for Bombay...which means, the girls and I will have to hit the mall before I leave. Starting Monday, I will be at the gym every day running my life away. Of course, I said this last Monday, but then ended up getting sick...so hopefully this coming week will be kinder to me.

Well, rat racers...stay warm...and have a fabulous weekend!

No comments: