Friday, December 22, 2006

Merry Christmas to all and to all a goodnight...

Receiving Christmas gifts is always interesting. It's when you discover how much someone really knows you...and how much they listen to your daily banter about what you need/want . Last night was our church youth Christmas Party. I'd post pictures, but of course, I forgot that dreaded memory card!! So, hopefully SunuA will send me a few to work with later. We had a secret Santa gift exchange. It was really rather interesting to see what gifts people came up with for each other. I thought I'd see a lot of personality-neutral gifts, but all of them seemed as if a lot of thought was put into it. That was interesting to me because not all of us know each other on extremely close levels, but still every one made an effort to get thoughtful gifts. Each of us opened our presents and then had to guess who the giver was. I got mine right on the first shot. All I needed to see was the sparkle on the shirts, and I knew it was from my girl, Finz. Apparently, she paid attention to my dilemma about not having clothes for India. ;)

After the party, I had a surprise visit from Mr. Indus, himself. He brought an extremely thoughtful Christmas/housewarming gift. Coasters. Now, you might wonder why coasters impressed me so much. Well, these coasters were specially designed by him for me!!! He too paid attention to my blog...carefully noted my color scheme and theme for my kitchen and then designed awesome coasters that say "welcome to cafe Sue"...Each coaster has special pictures I've posted on my blog as well!! I'll have to edit this post with pictures of it at a later date to show them off!

Then there was a very special journal I received in the mail the other day from one sweet cookiemonster....who knew, I'd need something to record my thoughts in during my trip to India. And apparently my sister listens to my rants about needing a side table for the apartment because she sent me a gift card to my most favorite Pier One. And then there's the dearest, sweetest Ruby who's last but not the least...I think her gift was more of a divine intervention...because she's definitely my angel here on earth. ;)

I've received more special gifts from more special people...actually, i'm just a blessed girl to have such thoughtful people in my life...so much so, that gifts are completely unecessary...but definitely appreciated! ;)

Excuse me while I throw all political correctedness out the window for a moment and say....MERRY CHRISTMAS to all of you rat racers. May, Jesus...who is THE reason for this season...continue to bless your lives with His grace. I pray that love that God shared with us by bringing His own son into the world to bear our sins...will shine in your lives for others to see that they may know the meaning of real joy and peace!

2 comments:

cookiemonsta said...

oooh and did you notice that I bought it from 'Bombay' and left that tag so that you can see it :)
I can't wait to see all the pics of your precious gifts. See how much you are loved? you deserve it all pooooveeee!

Sue V. said...

lol...i just got that, nik. i'm a lil slow!