Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Encouraging Word:
Joyful are people of integrity, who follow the instructions of the LORD. Psalm 119:1

Day 3...we're almost there. Although, this weekend is our work Christmas party. I seem to dread this every year. I'm not sure why because I always end up having a pretty good time. But, I guess it's just the weekend is supposed to be a time that you are completely disassociated with all things relating to work. Or maybe I'm just a party pooper.

Last night SunuA and I caught the tail end of the Victoria Secret Fashion Show. All I can say is that Justin Timberlake is as smooth as butter. His dancing is so fluid. I could watch him dance all day long, but I don't think Cameron would appreciate that. ;) Not to mention the models....I wonder if they all happen to have the exact same kind of gorgeous, full, hair or if there were some definite extensions involved. If so, I need to buy me some of those.

In other news...I haven't been able to shake my cough or dripping nose yet....although the people who shared it with me seem to be recovering quite nicely!!! I sound like a man. I'm sure that's quite attractive...but thankfully the person I spend most of my time talking to doesn't complain. ;)

I have exactly 5 weeks before my trip to India and I haven't a thing to wear. According to my friends who recently gone, India's quite progressive and things like jeans and tees are totally acceptable. However, I'm going with my un-progressive maternal unit, who believes I've got to be long skirts to my ankle 24/7. This is my dilemma. According to my BF, I am to look cute at all times, which means make up on, hair fixed, no pony tails, and appropriate attire. She may look sweet, but she's a total Nazi when it comes to MY appearance. Note the word "my"...she's can break the hair/make-up rule and commit fashion fauxpaus with no penalties, but the minute I do...she yells at me. =( As her brother-in-law often says, Sonia is a pro at finding a nice way to be rude...Anyway, all this to say...It looks like I need to do some serious shopping.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Hrithik Roshan beats Justin Timberlake.....hands down...hrithik is much more fluid and graceful......
And yes you need to take some nice clothes to india...whats up with ur MU....even ammachies wear Jeans in India....

happy roy said...

i haven't been to india in 10 years (this trip my mom's on right now was supposed to my first trip back in a decade :(). anyway, last time i went, i only took salwars and 2 long skirts with me. i knew that it was progressive even then, but somehow it seemed *wrong* for me to wear "western" clothing there. of course i stuck out like a sore thumb even then, but i felt right at home!

i'm so excited for you sue! just 5 more weeks till you leave! not that i want you to leave or anything...but i know you're coming back so it's ok! :)

cookiemonsta said...

i am with Julie. I never wear anything western in India either. I really don't even take a lotta of salwars with me. I buy them and wear them :) I think the cotton salwars are more comfy that tight jeans and tees.
but since you'll be in Bombay *grin* a lot.. you need to look not just CUTE.. HOT.. so wear some sexy sassy clothes :)

Scorps1027 said...

yeah india is progressive...but if you're in the village parts & visiting family i dont' think they appreciate the tight tees and jeans and whatnot. especially since we're not 16 anymore since visiting tehre and kids. besides, i agree that jeans in india is just a bad choice cuz it's sooo hot. loose salwars are the way to go. but hey if you have khakis and tees you'll fit in too i guess. bombay is defly different from kerala...tehy expect pants...to be honest with you i just wore tracksuits the whole time for when we were inside A/C. otherwise thin tees and thin sweatpants. and hair is another story in india. although jan it is still cool enough to blowdry, etc.