Friday, December 01, 2006

The weather outside is frightful...

Encouraging word:
The LORD directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives. Psalm 37:23

I'm back, rat racers. Please pardon me for my lack of a post yesterday. (my sincerest apologies to my most demanding reader in NYC) The weather outside was frightful yesterday, and I got a call from Billy in the wee hours of the morning demanding that I not "slide" into work with my bald tires yesterday. I was more than eager to heed his warning...especially since 9 out of 10 AFA employees did not brave the sleet and snow yesterday. The company ended up closing at 2 pm anyways...so it's not like I missed much.

I spent much of the day yesterday in and out of sleep. It was nice to just spend the entire day with Moussey watching talk shows and cheesy soap operas. I love days like that...they're definitely few and far between.

i actually managed to stay awake for an entire episode of Oprah yesterday. The show was about celebrity women who overcame obstacles in their lives. One woman was discussing how she drove herself to a panic attack because she had spent her entire life trying to achieve perfection and keep up with everyone around her. That confession really hit home for me. Oddly enough, I find myself not truly enjoying something that I've wanted all my life because I'm worrying about what comes next or how far behind I am in comparison to everyone else I know. I wish i could just shake the need to be "like everyone else"...I guess this is just a daily process that I have to consistently remind myself of. I shouldn't look at what others have or what they're doing with their lives...I should just trust that God is leading me along MY road of life...and all His plans unfold according to His perfect time and will. So, today...I choose to be happy with what I've been blessed with and not worry about tomorrow...because ultimately, I know it will all be okay...because it always has been.

Today commences the planning of my India trip. I will be heading off to the motherland for a glorious three weeks in January. After my last trip to India, i vowed I'd never return until after I was safely married. But, I guess what I've been learning is that I should never say never. ;)

3 comments:

Sue V. said...

this blog was really about seeing how many times i could use the word "yesterday" =)

Anonymous said...

you're cool sue :) best of luck 2 ya

Anonymous said...

The last paragraph sounds exciting...Waiting 2 c u in India :) No prizes for guessing who???