Friday, August 03, 2007

B to the Z

*deep breath* Work has been so unbelievably busy. I'm taking a breather to post because I'm getting complaints from the peanut gallery that I'm a bit tardy with my post today. I hate to disappoint the peanut gallery.

With 43 days left until the wedding and pants that don't button nearly as well as they used to, I'm forced to take drastic measures. The BF and I are kicking carbs for the next five weeks. This should be highly interesting since I'm making chocolate bon bons for a baby shower in a few weeks. Hmm...I wonder if bonbons are freezable. This morning I had an egg and a piece of sausage. It was satisfying and good...although, 4 hours later and I still smell like sausage. So far it seems like I can do this. I just hate the fact that I'll be wasting the milk and yogurt in my fridge right now. I was going to make a few dozen smoothies last night and drink myself into a smoothie coma, but after all the other carbs I ingested for my last night of carb bliss...I was a bit carbed out. If you're in the OKC area, and desire a smoothie to cool you off from the heat, please do drop by.

I've also been taking my eczema on my elbows very seriously. I know some of my readers...who have seen my elbows...are rolling their eyes right about now, because they think the crusty skin on my elbows is just ash, not eczema. I beg to differ. I've been putting potent lotion on it several times through out the day and they are as crusty as ever. I know this is probably TMI, but I'm in desperate need of suggestions!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would suggest you jump elbow first into a campfire, and tell people that is why your elbows are ashy. Frankly, your ankles have the same amount of Ash as your elbows. But hey, look at the bright side, at least for Ash Wednesday Catholics will think you are paying homage to that holy day for them...

Anonymous said...

a&d ointment is really good for really dry skin, sue...it has the consistency of vaseline but it's specifically for the skin...maybe that'll help?

kovoor36 said...

wait, milk has carbs??? im so upset but understand why im not losing weight.

Scorps1027 said...

oh my gosh, everything has carbs i've learned. even something simple like ketchup. i've heard doing something atkins-esque can lave you VERY crabby, so beware of that!

i defly agree with sunu, a&d ointment works! It really heals your skin. i have a huge vat of it at home. you can buy the generic drugstore version and save a few dollars rather than splurging for the brand name one.

Anonymous said...

have you tried cocoabutter?