Sunday, August 05, 2007

In Desperate Need of Sanity....

First off, Congrats to Miss Suja K. She came to church and shared some GREAT news. After lots of tearful prayers...She has a teaching gig for the fall! I am sure she feels and realizes that she is indeed...*Blessed*
In other news, I'm a nervous wreck. Matt's interview for his Visa is this week. I can't express how difficult it has been to plan a wedding contingent on the groom's arrival. I'm a self-proclaimed pessimist...but I am trying to walk in faith and send positive vibes across the ocean to the friggin' consulate in Bombay....but, it has been really hard. When I say I'm getting married on September 15th...it seems like the next question is..."well, has Matt gotten his Visa?" My response..."Uh, no." As much as I know that things will work out...because I know that Matt and I are no accident or fluke...but something God has brought together...I must admit, it's nerve wracking at times. It's made a stressful situation even more stressful. And I'm simply on pins and needles.
With the wedding just 5 measley weeks away...(Was I the moron complaining a few months ago that time was going by too slow?!?!?!)...I am trying to iron out the final details. I'm scared crapless that I will forget or overlook something vital. I spent Saturday finishing up a few last tasks...Like Make-Up.
Below are pictures from a make-up trial. Do tell me what you think! I'm open for brutally honest truth...leave me your opinions in the comment box!

The eyeshadow- Do you like this shade? Or is it a bit much?


Don't worry, I won't smile so generically for wedding pictures.







8 comments:

kovoor36 said...

i think you look great!! and im sure matt will get his visa on time!!

Suja Kodumthara said...

thanks so much sue!

i agree with nin, no worries...matt will be here on time! its hard to have faith (uh, the story of MY life), but like you said, obviously God brought you together, im sure He will take care of the rest.

and i like your makeup too! then again, my opinion shouldnt count because i dont really wear it ... but i think you look great!

Anonymous said...

i love your eyes sue! your make up looks sooo good! i love it love it!

Anonymous said...

aww u look so pretty!

Anonymous said...

You look awesome! You'll be in my prayers. :)

Anonymous said...

i love your eyes, they're perfect for your wedding. but i'm not too fond of the lipliner...i think it should be a little less visible and blended in with your lipstick/lipgloss.

Anonymous said...

uOkay, weird stalker comment here. So my friend, Natalie, wrote a book. It's listed on amazon.com. It was so weird to see her name on amazon, so I naturally did the egotistical thing and searched my own name. There it was, in an excerpt of another book listed on amazon. (This author cited a scholarly article I wrote.) Huh. I wonder who else is on amazon? There could be all kinds of people I know. Then I remembered my old high school friend Susan who wrote a book. Searched her. And there she is!

Got to wondering what she's up to these days, so I turned to my students' favorite helper, Dr. Google, and searched your name. Happened upon a blog entry in which the author goes on and on about how silly it is to assume a Susan Varghese is the Susan Varghese you know because it's practically the same as being named Jennifer Smith.

Except...um...IT'S YOU! Like, the Susan Varghese I actually know. And you're getting married!!

I'm dying to know all the details, like how you met, but I've run out of time to continue browsing your blog for the moment. So for now I'll just say congrats!! And hey, how's it going? And sorry for hijacking your blog comments. (I looked for an email link on your blog but didn't see one.)

Glad things are going well for you -- at least as far as I can tell from what I've read. Take care!

Melissa (formerly Klemm)
mkmcceney (at) msn (dot) com

Anonymous said...

i love the make up!!