Wednesday, August 15, 2007

"Mommy, yo, I be Thuggin Out to Mims at Kinder Care."

As I was driving back to work from lunch today, I heard a song playing on the radio. After the song was over, the dj announced that the song was an e-request from someone listening to the station today from "Kinder Care"...(a day care.) The song is called "Like This" by Mims...The lyrics go a little somethin like this...

Girl tell me if you want it like this
If you want to you can back it up
You say you like it rough won't you let me smack it up
Calm on you ass that's if you let me touch
I don't care 'bout your breast
You can be an A cup
I know what I like
And baby that's below the waist
I'm a baller baby I'll hold us safe
I got about ten lawyers to blow the case
So we don't gotta worry 'bout those who hate

Uh, yah...so I guess that's enough for you to see that "Like This" by Mims is highly unappropriate for someone to be listening to at Kinder Care!! All this to say, I might be old, but I'm certainly glad that I grew up in the 80's...when cartoons and music all made sense. Kids weren't going around singing "Do yo chain hang low? Do it wobble to and fro?" They were singing do YOUR ears hang low! The other day I was watching cartoons with my niece and nephew...Sponge Bob Square Pants to be exact. I felt sad. It was nonsense...what ever happened to real cartoons like the Flinstones and the Jetsons?

Kids today may have it in easier in ways...what with the invention of the computer/email/cell phones/tivo...blah, blah, blah...but, I rather type on a typewriter and use correction tape and have the joy of knowing that I grew up in a time when things were a lot more simple and wholesome...at least to some extent.

1 comment:

Scorps1027 said...

omg, i totally remember correction tape!!