Thursday, August 30, 2007

R.I.P Singlehood...

As I watch the last few days of my singlehood fade before me, I'm left with a bittersweet feeling. Bitter...because I don't think I enjoyed "singlehood" since I was always fretting about marriage...and sweet because I have lots to look forward to. If there's one piece of advice I could share with other singles, it would be this....Enjoy where you are right now.

It's human nature to always look for the next best thing....it's rare that we stop and smell the roses or appreciate our green pastures with out looking at the one that we think is greener on the other side of the fence. We feel so pressured to fit in with everyone else and keep up with the joneses...that we rarely appreciate the place in which God has placed us at this very moment. I've been guilty of this a million times. In fact it's something I have to remind myself about on a daily basis. "Stop worrying about what you want next and enjoy what you have now."

Looking back, I realize that I had lots to be happy about when I was single. I had fun times with my friends, did a little bit of traveling, had a secure job, learned a lot about myself, and pursued my one great passion and was able to achieve it....sort of. Now that I have Matt...I will never again have to fret about being alone...but the other frets of singlehood will remain the same even after I'm married...writing and moving to a real city will always be something that weighs on my mind....and the worry of singlehood will be replaced with the desire to enter motherhood. In short...it's always going to be something!! Single people tend to think married people have it better...Married people think that couple with children have it better...and couples with children think that singles have it better. But really, we're all in the same quest for happiness....but, it will never be found if we just don't STOP!...and enjoy the place God has placed us and the blessings He has given us for today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

great post. thanks poo.

Anonymous said...

Well said!

kovoor36 said...

so very true.

Anonymous said...

i cant agree more Sue. u have hit the nail as usal.