Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Brain. On. Over-load.

I have so many things crammed in my head right now that are screaming to be released...shopping lists, airport pick-up schedules, appointments, to-do's...aaaaaaaaaah. i sip my caramel frap and try to relax. but it's not working. planning someone else's wedding is so much more fun. but when it's your own, it's a whole different ball of wax.

So recently I joined the facebook phenomenon. I was hesitant at first...convinced that I was too old to partake in the social utility that connects people with friends and others who work, study, and live around them. But I bit the bullet and joined anyway. It has been such an easy and convenient way to stay in touch with my friends and cousins AND be nosey and scope out people's interesting pictures. I am hooked! It's the way I treat myself with a break when I'm on the verge of going cross-eyed from staring at files all day. Facebook makes the world go round.

In other news, my veil is done!! Syb and I worked on the painstaking process of placing tiny crystals all over it last night. I think it's beautiful and adds the right of bling to my rather bling-less dress. I think I love it more because I know it's handmade and not bought from some overpriced store. My mom thinks I spend too much time making things...or having other people make things...when I can just buy it. But, I think there's something special about things that are handmade...because you know thought and effort went into it.

Engagment pictures this weekend. The burning question is...WHAT DO WE WEAR?!? Our brilliant photographer is taking us down town for some classy, yet urban shots. I'm excited to see what he comes with with two very non-photogenic, non-expressive, non-public display of affection individuals. It should be highly interesting!

2 comments:

kovoor36 said...

oooh i cant wait for the eng shots!! im sure they will be gorgeous!!! and good luck with all the lil things, im sure they also will turn out fab!!:)

Scorps1027 said...

are you thinking indian clothes or american for engagement photos. i think both would work well. i can't wait to see them!