Thursday, August 02, 2007

Water...It does the body good!

Holy Mother...It's been a busy day. I haven't had a minute to do any extra curricular activities today. This is what I love about this job...sometimes it's insanely busy and other times it's as slow as molasses. But, you never want to poke your eyes out cuz when it's slow, you appreciate it because busy times are ahead...and when it's busy, you don't get overly uptight cuz you know slow times are ahead. It's just perfect.

In other news, I've been realizing the importance of water these days. CCL has tried to pound this into my head for years, but I never listened. I remember one time I was sick and asked her for OJ and she refused to give to me unless I drank two glasses of water. I thought she was so evil. But, now I understand. Lately, I have hardly been drinking any. We only have small coffee cups here at work, so it's annoying to walk to the water jug every 2 minutes to refill it. Or...you can say I'm lazy...Anyway, by the time I get home, I'm dead tired. I usually take a half hour nap if the schedule permits and by the time I wake up I'm totall parched. By then, I just feel more exhausted and too lazy to run in the heat with the dog...or walk in the heat with the dog...which ultimately results in weight not being lost and pants not buttoning in the morning. All this cuz I don't drink enough water!! So today before work, I bought a big bottle of Fiji water. It's a liter. I'm horrible in fractions and all things math related, so I don't know exactly how many ounces are in a liter...so I don't know how much to drink of this before I reach my 84 ounces a day quota. 2 Liters seem like a lot...so I'll just aim for that. Hopefully if I'm fully hydrated this evening I can actually have enough energy to run with the beast a bit. I desperately need to fit comfortably into my clothes...it's making me a very grumpy person.

Matt has been spending his nights on the cold, dirty floor of a hospital room every night for the past week. His dad has been in the ICU...and is recovering quite well but will be in there for a few more days. Matt doesn't feel comfortable leaving him there alone at night, so he grabs a piece of cardboard as a matress and sleeps on the floor every night. I think that act of selflessness (is that a word?) speaks volumes of his character. I'm a lucky girl. ;)

3 comments:

Scorps1027 said...

you defly notice a difference when you're well hydrated vs. parched! i think 2 liters is fine...just space it out so your not going to the bathroom every 2 seconds.

that is very sweet of matt to stay with his dad in ICU:) i'm sure his dad is comforted by his presence. you are a very, very lucky girl, indeed. but you've always been a blessed one, so this person entering your life is all apart of God's ultimate plan for suevee.

kovoor36 said...

i try to drink at least one liter a day at work but i know i dont. and im sorry to hear matts dad is in the hospital but glad to hear he is on the road to recovery. you defly do have a sweetheart:)

Anonymous said...

very sweet of matt...happy thoughts for his dad