Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Flip-off frenzy...

The state of bewilderment caused by the events of this week has now passed. I am now officially okay...I got a full night of sleep last night, which means I am not confused, not fearful, not sad...I am okay and eager to see the will of God unfold before my eyes. I will update you all when the time is right...That being said, my randomness has returned to me...and I find myself able to post a nonsenical blog like I usually do.

Yesterday, I was flipped off three times in one day. Not just in one day...but in an hour span. In fact, 2 of the flip offs occurred within a minute of each other. Yes, I know...I was appalled too! I mean, I know I'm not the world's greatest driver, but come on people! So here's what happened. I was driving down the road and the light turns red. I have to stop right when I'm in front of an entrance to Walmart. The guy in the opposite lane wants to turn left in front of me. The guy in my lane wants to turn right behind me...and I'm right in the middle. If I scoot up, the guy behind me can turn, but the guy in front of me can't. If I scoot back the guy in front of me can turn but the guy behind me can't. So, I just didn't move in order to be fair to both guys.. Unfortunately the car directly in front of me scooted up, giving the guy in the other lane a wee bit of room to turn left into walmart. he had to squeeze through by the plaque of teeth. When he did, he looked at me and flipped me off because I didn't move back. Apparently the guy behind me was pissed off because the other guy turned and he didn't, so he honked at me to scoot up, flipped me off, and then sign languaged to me that he was trying to turn (which probably wasn't the real sign languaged form of "i need to turn" because it consisted of him using his flip off finger to point towards walmart.)

After those 2 flip offs, I felt a little wounded. Would it really hurt people to CALM down and be patient? It's not like that light would be red forever. I mean in a few minutes it would be green and both of them could have been on their merry walmart way. Why did I have to block walmart? if I blocked target, I'm quite sure I would have gone on...flip-off-free....but no, the ex-cons HAD to get to walmart immediately!

Then, I went to braum's (an icecream and burger joint) for my bro. I pulled into the parking lot as this girl was leaving the drivethru. Suddenly she was driving down the parking lot on my side...Why she didn't just keep going straight on her side...I will never know. But it was like suddenly she was in the mood to play chicken in the braum's parking lot. of course, i moved...but she flipped me off anyway...as if she was queen of the parking lot or something.

After that flip off, I just pulled into a parking space and sat in my car for a minute...thinking about why people are so angry and harsh. I wanted to get a single scoop of german chocolate to comfort me, but I resisted the temptation and went about on my way. It's times like this when I wish my car could go into fly mode...but my poor little CRV barely moves in drive mode...so i don't ever see it flying.

4 comments:

Scorps1027 said...

awww, sorry to hear about the road rage incident(s). i'm glad to hear you're feeling better though!

Anonymous said...

sue, the other day, i was at a stoplight and this guy was looking at me through his side mirror and was literally yelling and cussing me out ... i even read his mouth when he said "Son of a -----"

but wat confuses me is that i wasn't even behind him until i pulled up to the light, so i have noo clue why he was yelling at me. but i must say, i was near tears when i saw it, i had to look away eventually.

Anonymous said...

b@st@rds one and all for flipping you off >:-O i'm sending a gigantic middle finger their way just for you poo...and you too, suji ;-)

Anonymous said...

Wait a minute I thought you loved Walmart now you are calling their customer's ex-cons?

Are you coming over to the Target clan?