Monday, August 22, 2005

Just another manic Monday...

It's a Monday...that's all I can say. I woke up this morning to the sounds of roaring thunder. I'm not sure what the reason is for this sudden monsoon in Okc, but it's a bit strange. It totally disrupted my alotted 10 minutes of snooze-bar-sleep, which I cherish! I was beginning to wonder if it indeed was a storm brewing or Armegeddon occurring right outside my window. It just wasn't a very great start to a dreaded Monday morning.

I couldn't even fake my new "try to be positive" morning cheer...which I usually sputter out in a quick prayer before I leave for work. The prayer usually goes something like this "my life is good. my job is great. i pray this morning i won't be late." This morning I grunted out " god is good. amen" ...and headed out the door. I had no energy for positivity.

I discovered that my tire was flat yet again. Lovely. This meant I'd spend my lunch hour trying to fix it. When I have car problems, I stress out and want to eat chocolate cake. But, I can't even do that. So, on my lunch break I set out to find a free air pump...since i never carry cash...yes, not even 2 quarters...it's terrible. Why do people charge for air anyways?? it's just air! After visiting 3 different gas stations i finally found one. I guess I should be grateful that it wasn't raining...instead it was sweltering hot...and I had on a black sweater to make matters worse. I know what you're thinking...why would anyone wear a black sweater in the summer? Well, it's FREEZING in the office...so I need the sweater. Anyway, it was hot as heck and the stupid air cap wouldn't come off. To make matters worse this dumb car was honking at someone endlessly making my blood pressure raise...Just when I was about to break down and cry...I got the cap off and pumped the air.

I returned to work after my lunch break feeling a bit grumpy...when I saw that I had received a new email...from my very own Romie-O! Romel is my friend Sangita's husband...she is gracious enough to let me practice mack lines on him...She obviously knows I'm harmless because she finds great humor in our silly banter. The following email made me smile from ear to ear...

"hello wonderful .. ( i thought of saying beautiful but beauty is only skin
deep).. but you are and always have been a wonderful person, so hence thats
how i want to address you. Thank you so much for remembering me on Rakhee
day.. if you let me know that you had a bracelet for me, i would have made a
special trip to come down so that you could tie it. "

Suddenly...my day has been brightened..."Life is good...Romie's great...I can't wait to eat dinner at eight!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awww how sweet is he?!?! =*)

poo, i sawwy ur day started off so bad...but i'm glad you had a high point=)