Monday, August 29, 2005

The rude, the crude, and the totally unacceptable...

I'm a wee bit annoyed this afternoon...It boggles my mind how people deliberately set out to be rude. Is it really THAT hard to be nice to people?! I know I'm not the nicest person that has tread planet earth...that would be my BF, Sonia. She has only friends...no foes. I have a few foes here and there, but I don't set out to be malicious unless provoked. I wish I was more forgiving and saint like, but that's not happening any time soon.

It's one thing when people who you know are rude to you for no reason. Like when I get that "She's not married? What's wrong with her??" look...or even that "Vhy you fat?" comment. I can take that...I mean they're ignorant. How else can I explain that?

It's also one thing when your co-workers who see your ugly mug day in and day out annoy the crapeezy outta you. That too is acceptable...or rather, bearable...I should say. Some people want to take the attention off their sloppy work or lack of work and make the bosses focus on yours. It's called devious displacement, and I know a few folks who have their PhD in it.

However, rude comments by anonymous "commenters" takes the cake! I guess what bothers me most is the anonymity of it all. I've got thick skin...High School and my brother prepared me to deal with rude punks. So, I can definitely take it. Call me anything you want...and I'm quite sure I've heard it before. However, what gets my goat (another southern phrase I shoulda posted on the blog below) is when people are malicious and then hide behind a fake name. To me, it shows exactly how childish and petty you really are. If you're giving an opinion or trying to make some valid point or statement...you shouldn't be so frightened to post your name next to it. Seriously, I think people who do this have so little excitement in their lives that they are trying to find a way to spice things up...produce a little drama, so they can sit back and chuckle.

Many times, i've thought to stop blogging/flogging because the rudeness of Anonymous floggers makes me fit to be tied!!! But then I thought, why kill someone's only source of sick pleasure? I'm not that cruel!!!

6 comments:

Scorps1027 said...

Amen to this post! AMEN!

Anonymous said...

ooooh what did i miss?

Anonymous said...

yeah, who's been talkin smack?

kovoor36 said...

yeha has there been more drama i don't know about?? anyhoo, dont leave us sue, cause i love your blogs/flogs!!!:)

Anonymous said...

1) sorry about the comment on the previous post about "howdy" me and my sister were somewhat confused. i hope it didnt come off as rude because thats totally not how i meant it. please forgive me =/

2) wat the bej is going on!? im away from the floblo land for a few weeks and all hell breaks lose again?? please fill me in :)

happy roy said...

i'm glad you didn't let some lame-o haters drive you away! we need you and your entertaining commentary on life.