Wednesday, August 03, 2005

The unsolved mystery....

I'm completely baffled at the moment. I went to the post office for lunch...and I had a little orange note in my box that said I had a parcel to pick up. I thought that was highly strange since I hadn't ordered anything on line...nor I did I expect anyone to send me anything. When I got my parcel, I checked the box for the return address. The plot merely thickened when I noticed the box was indeed addressed to me, however the from address was from a company called bigapple online. "Hmm...the city I love is sending me a present?" This was my initial thought. I ripped open the box to find a box for a fossil watch. "Surely that's not what's inside," I thought. I opened the little box and indeed there was a beautiful watch inside. I rummaged through the packaging peanuts to see if perhaps there was a note. All I found was a business card from Bigappleonline, which said, "thank you for your order from ebay." Now, I was completely perplexed!!! I hadn't ordered anything from ebay since 2002!! I haven't even visited the website...or looked at watches...because I still have my Kenneth Cole that I ordered from ebay several years ago. I don't even remember my ebay sign on or password. Furthermore, when you order something from ebay they send you a receipt in with your package with your item number it. There was no sign of that in the box either.

I'm completely STUMPED! So, I have emailed the company to see if I can get the name of the person who actually made this purchase since it is obviously not me. This mystery is driving me all sorts of crazy!!!

7 comments:

Scorps1027 said...

wow, that IS a mystery! there's something crazy in the air. it was nice of you to contact the company rather than just keep the watch!

happy roy said...

that IS perlexing! i wonder how someone obtained your name and address in order to make this mistake. maybe another susan varghese or someone w/ a similar ebay user id purhased the watch and somehow you were in the system and it was sent to you? i'm baffled. do clue us in when you find out!

Anonymous said...

what theeeeee??? well that was mighty nice of you to email those people. i'm sure somebody who ordered that thing is wonderin' "where the hell is my watch?!?" ;)

Sue V. said...

the saga continues girls...i called the company. emails take too long and i'm way to curious. apparently someone from canada BOUGHT the watch...some girl...there goes my desperate hope that it was an admirer! anyhoo they took my # in case it's some sort of mix up. i think i bes not get too attached to it. i'm quite sure i'll be gettin a call!!

Anonymous said...

ooooooohhh a secret admirer?? COULD IT BE?? how interesting =)

Anonymous said...

oooh crap.. we posted those messages together.. and i was hoping that it was a secret admirer as well :(

phoeeeyyyy

kovoor36 said...

hahaha, that is weird, no recepit no nothing? well let us know what happens!