Thursday, August 18, 2005

Suecole Varitchie?...don't think so =/



People always tell me that I look familiar. I think I just have a really familiar face. Most of the time people tell me that I look like a teacher they know. I can see how that would happen. I dress like a teacher. This is not a fact I'm proud of. But every attempt to purchase something fashionable results in another "teachery" outfit. So, being compared to a teacher is not something that shocks me.

I also hear this a lot..."Do you know so-and-so? She reminds me of you!!" So-and-so is typically another chubby, curly-headed Indian chick. This too makes sense to me....because that's what I am (but not for long.) =) Sometimes I don't know so-and-so, but I'll ask...is she chubby? The person will hesitantly say yes, but then break out into this schpeel of that NOT being the reason that I remind them so much of so-and-so. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Then there are the celebrity comparisons...like Rosie O'Donnell. My friends think I'm a dead ringer...According to them, it's not just my looks but my personality? Wha??? I'm not a homosexual who has mad crush on Tom Cruise, loves new york, and cracks a few funnies once in a while. Err...but I guess I'm a heterosexual with a mad crush on Antonio Sabato, loves New York and cracks a few funnies once in a while. Close enough?? Obviously so.

My sweet niece, Marissa tells me I remind of her Raven Simone. Yah, I just don't get that one. I don't have her style, her figure, her looks, her talent...but whatever...it tickles me pink that that lil' sweetheart watches "That's so Raven" and is reminded of me.

Another one I don't really get is when my cousin Reggie told me that I looked like a bird. A bird? Like Big Bird or a cardinal? He said I had a bird-like face. Last time I checked I didn't have beak. He assured me that this wasn't an insult...Hmm..a compliment? I'll try to think about how that would be flattering.

But yesterday, I got THE most flattering comparison ever. I think it's flattering anyways...and I guess that's all that matters. "Hoo", also known as the BC's groundskeeper called me and said, "I finally know who you look like." I took a deep breath and asked, "Who, Hoo?" and he said, "Nicole Ritchie" NICOLE RITCHIE? Are you sure?!? She's mad skinny! That's the best comparison everrrrrrrrrr! I personally think she's really cute and I look nothing like her! But hey...if he wants to think that I do...he can go right on ahead.

You know, that makes me wonder if different people see different things. Like do I see blue how you see blue? Or is the blue I see what you would see as black but you call black blue because it's blue to you although it's black to me. aaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Suecole Varitchie!??! HAHAAHA..you crack me up sue!

Anonymous said...

Someone once told me that I reminded them of Chandler on "Friends."

That is so not true.

=P

Lampy said...

I enjoy your blog - in regards to the previous post - I live in Toronto where people are ALWAYS in a rush. I get flipped off all the time - for doing things that are polite and normal while driving. Like moving out of the way when people are trying to merge and slowing down when the speed limit changes.

I think that your first problem was cutting off the other drivers from Wal-mart. I don't know what Wal-mart is like in the states, but in Canada it's where crazy people go - and if you somehow keep them from their target (wal-mart) they will go even crazier.

I had a friend who worked there once and she said that some families would come in when the store opened and would stay there ALL FREAKIN' DAY.

Anyway, keep up the blog - it's fun! :)

Scorps1027 said...

well, it's official pod sister. we live in alternate universes, cuz my neighbor is convinced i look like nicole richie too! i'm thinking in my head the chubby, crazy haired one or the skinny minnie, prada wearing one. i don't think i resemble either, so i just ignore that one.

kovoor36 said...

actually, in the picture you posted on the blog, i see a resemblance!!

happy roy said...

i don't really see a resemblanc,e but at least it was a compliment! i hate when i get completely unflattering comparisons...or comparisons that make zero sense to me other than the fact that the other person is also a human.

btw, i read this and thought of you. i guess you were right about the whole yuppie target thing. =)http://slate.msn.com/id/2124604/