Monday, May 22, 2006

I get down...He picks me up...

Word of the Day:
incontrovertible \in-kon-truh-VUR-tuh-buhl\, adjective:
Too clear or certain to admit of dispute; indisputable; unquestionable
God's incontrovertible presence was felt this weekend.

This weekend flew by, which is okay as long as the week flies by as well. I'm looking forward to Memorial Day and all the festivities that have been planned! Saturday we spent the day in Wantonga, Oklahoma. Can you imagine living in a town that has no WalMart? They have to drive an hour to the next big town just to buy WalMart goodies. Unbefreakinbelievable! We expected 100 troubled Native American teens, but only about 10 people showed up. None of us were disappointed though because we were able to really establish relationships with the small number that was there.

We split up into groups (guys/gals) in order to talk to and pray with the people. Sheryl and I were the only 2 girls in our team, so I was nervous about leading a group on such short notice. I gave her the cue that she'd be doing the talking and I'd be doing the nodding. All I can say is...when God is present, there's no need to prepare or plan because He'll take the lead. The girls began to open up to us and share their problems. Words came to my mouth...and I wasn't even sure where or how they were placed there.

Although they were saved, they had very little knowledge about the very basic information about God....like how to pray. It was astonishing to me. They didn't have a church they felt that they could go to for support or teaching...they didn't have family to turn to either (since their families deeply believe in Indian spirituality)...all their knowledge came from TV preachers. Sheryl and I talked to them for quite a while, tried to answer their questions, prayed for them, and did our best to encourage them.

The greatest reward was when one of the ladies told me that she was glad that we came out and that she had peace in her heart after our talk. That totally made our day! We hope to go back to Watonga and minister to the people there in whatever way we can.

I think that the whole experience really taught me something. I had been feeling extremely discouraged and frustrated about the job situation...I was beginning to wonder if I even had a purpose for being here on planet earth...But God showed me He does have a purpose for me. That was a great feeling. I find that I'm most happy and fulfilled when I'm helping someone else...not only do I get the satisfaction of knowing I impacted a life...but 9 out of 10 times...the words I say to them are words I need to hear and incorporate in my own life. Maybe another job in corporate America isn't the answer...The truth is, I don't know what the answer is...but I just can't give up on God and His plan for me.

1 comment:

kovoor36 said...

never give up on that dream!! He will lead you to everything! and yeha im not a big fan of walmarts either!!