Friday, May 19, 2006

Word of the day:
spurious \SPYUR-ee-uhs\, adjective:
1. Not proceeding from the true or claimed source; not genuine; false.
2. Of illegitimate birth.
I always worry about buying things from e-bay because I wonder if it will be a spurious purchase.

Yesterday's word...
palimpsest \PAL-imp-sest\, noun:
1. A manuscript, usually of papyrus or parchment, on which more than one text has been written with the earlier writing incompletely erased and still visible.
2. An object or place whose older layers or aspects are apparent beneath its surface.
I love old homes because sometimes you can see the palimpsest through chipped painting on the walls.

Friday, you've finally come! Today we have birthday celebrations at work. As usual, I made brownies. Seems to be what most people request around here. Last time we had birthdays I heard someone say, "who made these brownies? they are the best brownies I've ever tasted." I laughed to myself...they're just box brownies...but of course, my secret ingredient helps! Monday I have to bring salsa to work...they're having some Mexican-themed celebration with a salsa contest. First prize is a $75 gift certificate to Williams Sonoma, which was enough inspiration for me to participate. =)

I've been hitting the gym religiously again. It actually feels good, although it's extremely tiring. I'm just ready to tackle this last 30 and get it over with. I noticed that I become tres lazy to go to the gym after coming home, eating dinner, and walking/running with Mousse. So, I came up with an alternate plan...I bring my gym bag to work, change here, and then head to the gym. By the time I get home, Mousse is at the door waiting to jump all over me. If i could break her of this habit, my life would be so much easier. =/

This weekend's festivities...Saturday, I will be meeting some of the gang from church and we will be heading off to Watonga, Oklahoma. I've never been there...and I'm sure there's a reason why. Apparently, some of the guys organized a special meeting out there with a group of Native American kids. I'm really excited about it. We're making salvation bags to give to the kids who respond to the alter call. Of course, I don't have a normal ministry like singing or preaching or praying for others...i make beads. so, I'll be making salvation bracelets for the kids...just like I did in Mexico.

If I get back in time, I will be going to Abby's ballet recital. Abby is my life-long friend Sherry's 3-year-old. Sherry didn't know whether to put Abby in gymnastics so she could be a cheerleader some day...or ballet. I pushed for ballet with all my might...and i won! ...oh, and Abby loves it too! So, although the kid pretty much hates me (like most babies do...unless they're related to me)...I'd like to go see her first recital because I'm sure it will be oh-so-cute.

So, that's my thrilling weekend...what's on tap for yours?

1 comment:

kovoor36 said...

sounds liek fun!!! i have alot of cleaning in store for me this weekend, stinks for me!! enjoy!!