Monday, May 15, 2006

"Why Today Sucks" by Sue V

multifarious \muhl-tuh-FAIR-ee-uhs\, adjective:
Having great diversity or variety; of various kinds; diversified.

Sentence: Today sucks for multifarious reasons.

Today sucks because...
I couldn't fall asleep last night till 1:00 am, so now I'm veryyyyyyyyyyyy tired!!!

It's Monday. This is the day I seem to dread beginning Friday. Isn't that sad? Does everyone feel this way? Or are there actually people out there who feel fulfilled in their careers and actually going to work every day?

I was hoping to see an email in my in-box from one of the three job prospects saying SOMETHING...ANYTHING. but alas, nothing...so I will go through this day waiting and wondering as well. You think I'd be used to it now.

My dad died on May 15, 1987... 19 years ago today. When tragedy strikes, people tell you that time heals all wounds. I don't think that's a true statement. it's more like time helps you accept the reality of a tragedy. When someone dies, it just seems unreal...thinking about your life...with out that person in it seems impossible to comprehend. But as time goes by, years pass...it becomes reality. The wound technically never heals...there's always a scar left behind.

4 comments:

Soulsysta said...

*hug*

you will hear back, soon.

Anonymous said...

i didn't even say anything this morning when we talked...i'm sorry. i love you bf. can't wait to see you.

Anonymous said...

i completely know what you mean about time never really 'healing' the wound. i ponder this idea every single day as i wonder when my own wound will actually close up. i don't think mine will, either. it's just that each day i find myself sitting in shock and disbelief a few moments less than the day before. regardless how long or short my hurt is for the day, it's always there.

in some way i don't actually want mine to go away completely. it hurts like crazy but it makes sense to hurt that much upon her passing b/c in life (and death) i loved so much.

i'm praying for you and your family on this difficult day. and i'm praying that you hear something soon on the job front!

kovoor36 said...

((((hugs))))) i hope you and your family is doing ok.