Tuesday, May 16, 2006

I spent a few hours this afternoon with *B* (the wife of the apachen who recently died). Every year it was a tradition for John to take us to the Designer Show House for lunch and tour. The house is usually a huge mansion, which different designers volunteer to decorate. Tickets are then sold to raise money for the Symphony. B is usually pretty active in helping with this endeavor, so it has always been a treat for us to attend. This year B took us with out John...it was much different without him, but lovely none-the-less. The house was a mansion in one of the most affluent areas in OKC. It's where most of the "old money" resides. It was built in the 30's and is now on the market for a mere 3 million dollars! The decor was a bit "much" for me. I love old homes, but I like a more mod decor.

Regardless...it was good to see B since I hadn't seen her since the funeral. As usual, she was a pillar of strength. It was nice to reminisce about John again and hear how Coal (their black Lab) is doing with out his owner. John and I frequently swapped crazy Lab stories...so I had definitely missed hearing about Coal and his antics.

Anyway, now I'm back to the office and counting down the minutes till 4:45. Oh and in case you were wondering, STILL NO WORD FROM THE JOBS. =/

1 comment:

kovoor36 said...

glad to hear b is doing ok:)