Friday, May 12, 2006

Word of the day:
balsamic (bal-SAM-ik) adjective
1. Fragrant.
2. Soothing or healing.
3. Relating to balsam.
Sentence: The massage I had last week left me with a balsamic feeling.

Per my cousin SueTee's request...the word of the day is back. She actually stumped me yesterday by mentioning something made her "noxious"...i quickly replied it was nauseous...not noxious...but she clued me in to her new word...thus inspiring me to bring back the word of the day!

I did the unthinkable today. I went to lunch alone. I've never sat at a restaraunt alone before, so I was a bit apprehensive. But, I was craving thai food in a serious way, and didn't think any one of my usual lunch pals could join me on such short notice. It was actually pretty painless. I sat there, ate my lunch, made my grocery list, and scoped out the other lonely losers who were doing the same thing.

So, my fortune cookie today said, "an upward movement initiated in time can counteract fate." i don't believe in fortune cookies or horoscopes...but that one hit home...since i am hoping for an upward movement at the moment.

So mother's day is in 2 days...I still have no present. This is because i have the most hard to please mother ever. i typically take her to eat...cuz that truly is the way to her heart, although she usually complains about the food. this time she said she wanted a massage, so i booked her a very-hard-to-find-appointment. only to hear that it conflicted with her fasting and prayer meeting. So, I had to cancel it and now I'm back to square 1.

Happy weekend all...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for bring back word of the day. Now that I stopped cussing, I need to replace some words for the ones that I've taken out of my vocab.

I eat at a restaurant by myself on a weekly basis. I've been to the movies by myself too. I feel that time by myself is balsamic. SueTee

kovoor36 said...

i forgot that this was a routine thing, the word of the day!! glad its back!! and i have yet to dine alone, though it is one of my resolutions. hopefully by the years end:) have a great weekend and good luck with the mothers day present!!:)

cookiemonsta said...

I can't get myself to eat alone or go to the movie theatre by myself. May be i'll do it this yr?
I bought mom a homedics foot spa thingie. :)

Scorps1027 said...

going out to eat by yourself during lunch is not so bad! it makes you look like an on-the-go career woman!! i don't mind eating by myself but that's mostly because i bring a book along and like to read. but i always notice the wait staff gets more chatty with you if you're alone. i like the word of the day. expands your mind a bit!