Wednesday, May 24, 2006

word of the day:
torpid \TOR-pid\, adjective:
1. Having lost motion or the power of exertion and feeling; numb; benumbed.
2. Dormant; hibernating or estivating.
3. Dull; sluggish; apathetic.

The torpid dog, crawled into her kennel after long, tiring walk.

It's Wednesday. *sigh* I guess that means it's not Friday. I've had an exhaustive morning, which consisted of me forgetting my badge and losing my license, thus not being able to get into the building. So, I had to drive all the way back home to retrieve my identification, only to discover that my id was no where to be found. I re-checked my wallet to find it nestled in between a folded cake recipe. Such is my luck.

What do I look forward to today? Three things...4:45...my absolute favorite time of day, the Lost season finale, and AI results. I can't wait to see how Lost will satisfy my curiousity yet leave me mortified and wondering all at the same time. I will be dead to the world from 7-9pm, so please, if you have my number, please don't dial it! After Chris got kicked off, I've been rather un-interested in AI. But, I'm looking forward to seeing if America has the ability to pick the right person...

Last night I spent the evening at Julie's making team t-shirts. We are having our annual church picnic on Monday. They broke us up into teams, and we must come up with a name, t-shirt, motto, and then we're going to through a series of challenges. Right about now, I'm quite relieved that I'm captain...because this means I get to delegate who does what challenge...which means, I won't have to do anything too physically taxing. buahahahaha! Sheryl and I are on opposing teams...this can only mean one thing....I must inialate her. If we're on the same team, we typically come up with a devious plan together...which usually involves lots of cheating...in order to win. But, someone clever put us on opposing teams this time...which will make things more interesting and entertaining for onlookers...because I'm quite sure we'll be flinging a lot of smack talk and we'll pretty much stop at nothing to beat each other. Good times...

In other news, BF will be in town in just 2 more days!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

annihilate?

kovoor36 said...

i cannot wait for lost tonite!!!! they say they will answer alot, but im sure there will more questions though. wooooohoooo!!:)

Sue V. said...

thank God this isn't a spelling competition, eh anonymous? i would shirley loose. ahaha..just kidding...i know it's surely lose!

Soulsysta said...

i hate being so super busy that i don't even have time to catch up on your bloglines.

boo anonymous - pointing out the obvious is such a faux pas.

miss ya suse.