Thursday, September 07, 2006

I Ramble When My Brain's Fried...

I haven't slept much in the past two days. Which has made me wake up with the need for a low-fat Caramel frap...with out them, I don't think I could stay awake at work. But, I HATE spending 4$ on a drink. I must admit though, not only do the drinks make me feel perkier...the baristas always put me in a better mood. They are so extremely nice, that feel the 4$ might just be well worth their ray of sunshine. If I could handle the pressure of a long line of people staring holes into me, whilst making six drinks at the same time, I might just say "to hell with the corporate world" and pursue a job as a barista myself. I enjoy spreading sunshine too...despite popular belief.

I know you East Coasters must be wondering what the heck I'm talking about. The few times that I've had Starbucks in NYC, my experience wasn't quite so pleasant. The Barista's there were rude, crude, and just plain unexceptable. Those are the rare instances when I appreciate the friendliness and wholesome goodness of the Midwest. Note that I said "midwest"...and not Oklahoma. I can't say that there's much that I appreciate about this place...

Excuse me for rambling...I have currently found myself in a professional pickle...which leaves my mind wandering from meaningless subject to meaningless subject. I saw an add for an awesome job, but the company is owned by the inlaws of the BC. Which means, the person who would see my resume would be the BC's sister-in-law. I don't know how situations like this seem to find me. Upon asking the advice of my own personal "corporate world" guru, mattie...he assured me that the two jobs are mutually exclusive despite the familial tie, and I should pursue what I want to pursue with out fear of retribution. I'm taking his advice...let's just hope he's right!

Is it just me? or does it feel like it's been the longest short week ever?!?

5 comments:

kovoor36 said...

what is the bc?

Sue V. said...

the big cheese. (boss) it's also his initials

Scorps1027 said...

this indeed has been the longest short week EVER! i used to justify the money i spent on the coffee i did everyday b/c it really did wonders for my sanity and helped me stay awake in class. i just hate ordering at starbuck's, i still feel like i may fumble up the order.

Soulsysta said...

girl, i just had that interview - and umm, i don't know *shrugs*.

i was real, gave it 100% but, it was left at - we'll get back to you late next week. So whatever happens..happens. Shoot i mind find myself being a barista real soon ;)

Don't worry about your corporate pickle. I agree with mattie - mutually exclusive all the way. It doesn't mean you don't like your current position - it just means that you are looking for other opportunities for growth. And nobody can blame you for wanting to grow as a person and a professional.

Do it. Apply today and let me know how things fly.

Anonymous said...

i feel like this week is going by too fast... :)