Thursday, September 28, 2006

What's Happenin' Now...

Encouraging Word:
He will give you all you need from day to day if you live for him and make the Kingdom of God your primary concern. Matthew 6:33

A Mousse update: After spending LOTS of money on testing, the vet announced that all tests came out negative and there's absolutely nothing wrong with Moussipher. I'm not sure what was going on with her...but she seems to be doing a lot better. She isn't eating AS much as normal, but she's eating and not barfing, so that's a good thing. So, although it cost me an arm, leg, AND a kidney, it's well worth it to have a healthy and occasionally happy puppy. ;)

I'm pretty sure the maternal unit will be arriving next week. Just like her to have an open ticket and then decide to return on my birthday to sabotage any plans I might have had for fun and debauchery. *sigh* Not that I had plans for debauchery...but I did have plans for a road trip to my hometown, Chicago... =( Goodbye, Chicago. Anyway, I have let things slip around the house, so this weekend will definitely be catch up time.

I woke up at 7:40 this morning, which is funny since I typically leave for work at 7:30. Let's just say I don't exactly look my best today. I've been on the go ever since I got to work. We're short-handed, and I'm finding that I'm not really used to all this hustle and bustle. I'm not so sure I like fast-paced environments.

I've been suckered into teaching 6-9 year olds for a one-day ladies retreat. This would be the very same retreat I was NOT planning to attend since I have house work to catch up on. But, we all know that I have an inability to say no. So, when asked to teach either 6-9 year olds or 10-13 year olds...AND come up with my own curriculum...I quickly opted for 6-9 since they're younger and dumber...I figure we'll all be at the same level of biblical scholarship. =/ The good news is...crafts are allowed, so that's exactly what I planning on doing with these little girlies. Today, the hunt for the perfect activity commences...

3 comments:

cookiemonsta said...

"I'm not so sure I like fast-paced environments"..... yet you like NYC? you are a weird one :)

sorry for keeping you on the phone that long.. i am sure that contributed to your lateness this morning.. whoops..

oh vell :)

kovoor36 said...

i was abt to say the same hting! you dont like face paced but you love nyc... this is what they call oxymoron i believe:) glad to hear moussey is all better!!:)

Scorps1027 said...

i think a fast-paced work environment is much worse than observing fast-paced walking along the streets of nyc. glad to hear moussey is doing better!