Wednesday, September 13, 2006

What's on my mind...

Don't get too comfortable with life...This is the lesson that I've learned the past few days. Sometimes I coast through life and forget how fragile it really is. Here I stand in the center of my universe, with my family, friends, job, church etc surrounding me as a protective barrier protecting me from all things bad. And just as quickly as I sigh a breath of relief that life is truly good and things will work out...I begin to feel tremors...and I hear rumbling...and I know that the perfection I'm enjoying at this moment in time will definitely be affected. Before I know it...the ground beneath me is shaking so hard, that I begin to fall...and reach out for the barrier that should be protecting me...only to realize...it has long since crumbled around me.

This is how I truly feel sometimes...nothing in this world is permanent...not the moments of perfection, not my friends, not my family, not my job...etc. But when all else is lost, I know I can look up towards the heavens and there is someone who will reach down and pick me up from my crumbling universe. I thank God that even when I feel completely hopeless and helpless, I truly have hope and help in Him. When people run out of comforting words...there is a God whose prescence I feel. And no matter what falls or fails around me, I know that when things get shaky, I am in the palm of His hands.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well put Susan.

kovoor36 said...

agreed

Anonymous said...

beautiful words, sue. i am going to save this post, especially the last lines.

Soulsysta said...

*___*


As always, it's yours to fill. I hope that things are well my friend. And I agree with the rest of them, this was and is a beautiful post.

Scorps1027 said...

i hope you are on some steady ground now. Everything is always according to His plan. it's reassuring that in the shaky times as well as the comfortably solid ones, you remember God.