Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Birthday Bash One

Encouraging Word:
The true bread of God is the one who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world. John 6:33

Well, part one(part two will take place Friday with the Black Boo) of my birthday festivities has taken place. The girls took me out to the newly-opened Cheesecake Factory last night. Yes, Oklahoma City is JUST NOW opening a Cheesecake Factory. We are so behind, but trying to catch up. Despite the 75 minute wait, it was well worth it. The food was off the heezy fo sheezy...;) (what does that mean, anyway?) Per the suggestion of CCL and SueTee...the new Judas and Benedict, I had a DEEEEEEELICIOUS passion fruit martini. It appears that my lovely cousins...Jessy, CCL, and SueTee went out to Cheesecake Factory for a girls night out on my actual birthday and enjoyed my new favorite martini. Somehow, I always miss out on such fun festivities with the cousins. =( I guess this is the price I pay for being the blacksheep Oklahoman. Anywhoo...the girls had a birthday toast for lil' ol me...and then called me 4 days later to tell me about it, knowing I would have whined and complained if I knew what they were doing that night...considering what I was doing (bought myself dinner and went to sleep at 9pm)

Anyway, back to last night...it was a lovely time. Syb got me the most amazing Weight Watchers Cook Book, which I'm looking forward to trying out. Conversations turned a bit deep last night as we reflected important things like motherhood, the fact that Jesus was only alive for 33 years (which is pretty close to our age), and what we would do if we knew this was our last day on earth. That pretty much sent me into a spiral of thinking last night....

What would I do? I think I would hand write letters to everyone I loved to let them know I loved them, I'd pass out food and tracts to the homeless one last time, I'd warn all the wayward teenagers I know that life is too short and getting right with God "later" is not an option but a risk, and I'd eat a slice of pepperoni pizza and johnny carino's chocolate cake.

Anyway, other than all that serious talk...we had fun talk too...and as usual, Jessy did some Damage Control. ;) Forget American Express...Jess is definitely someone to never leave the house with out! ;) Pics for viewing pleasure...for once, i didn't have camera control...so, this time the camera was on me...

By the way, I'm trying the curly look for a new permanent style...I've been bit by the lazy bug...so, tell me what you think of it.









Most of my favorite girls...Jess, Sunu, me, Syb, and Julez...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

sue! i LOVEEEE the new hairdo! keep it - keep it! hope your birthday bash two is as fun as your first one ;-)

kovoor36 said...

i liek the hair too!! it gives it more bounce and it looks fuller! enjoy the sequel!!:)

cookiemonsta said...

i totally love the curly look... and the side bangs :)
awww my jessy!
i am glad u had a nice b'day dinner.. mmm cheese cake!

Scorps1027 said...

i agree with teh above comments. it looks fuller and softens your face...this is my favorite hair look foryou!

Anonymous said...

hiii suue:) i think i reaaally like your hair like that, it suits you more:) lookin all hot @ ur bday dinner...:) and that cheesecake looks hot too;)

Anonymous said...

looks like a great time with great friends. i definitely love the hair, too.