Friday, October 20, 2006

Forever Sixteen

Encouraging Word:
This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun! 2 Corinthians 5:17

TGIF, rat racers. Is it just me or has this been one heck of a long week? I thought Friday would never come. My thoughts are with ....

Miss Val this morning. Today's her first day back to work after maternity leave. I'm sure it was quite hard for her to pull herself away from baby Landon and leave him with daddy for the day.

BF. The punk now has a 4 day work week that I'm not really appreciating. Now that her AND billy have these flexible hours, it leaves me email-less on Fridays...which makes Fridays even longer!!!

Sunu K...she's taking her next set of exams today. I'm sure she will do well as always, but she's a wee bit nervous, so keep her in your prayers.

The other day I had a conversation with BF about the store Forever 21. Back in my day, it was known as the club kid store...the place my cousins and I ran to before Fokana way back in the day. So, when BF told me she shopped there, I proceeded to give her a lecture.

Sue: Do you know why they call that store Forever 21?
BF: Something about being 21 forever?
Sue: Yes, and how old are you?
BF: 27
Sue: It's totally a clubby store...thus the age 21.
BF: But you have to check it out on line. They have really cute work clothes.

I was highly skeptical. But, I checked it out anyways. Ahem. Ok, so I was wrong. I'm not afraid to admit it. BF was right....(this time) Last night, I actually found myself making a few purchases as well. In fact, I love some of their clothes...and let's not even get into the accessories...LOVE, LOVE, LOVE.

This morning as I walked into work, I realized that I look like I shop at a store called "Forever 16." Tomboy-Sue does not look like a 32 year old. Today is jeans day, so I'm wearing jeans, an over-sized black AFA t-shirt, black converse, and a hot pink velour jacket, with a sling purse. Hmm...pretty much EXACTLY the same way I dressed in high school. I think it's time to wake and come to grips with the fact that the last bell has rang and I'm now in my 30's. Ugh...I'm in desperate need of a fashion overhaul. Girly-Sue is screaming to be let loose. ;)

2 comments:

kovoor36 said...

i hate that store! i feel 50 every time i walk by! have a great weekend!:)

cookiemonsta said...

you didn't have me on your mind today? hmmf!