Friday, October 06, 2006

Thoughts on my 32nd birthday...

Encouraging word:
If God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you? Matthew 6:30

I remember my golden birthday...when my dad brought home a cake with orange frosting, my mom insisted that I wear a frilly pink dress, my sister brushed my hair to the side and clip it back with a poodle barette, and CCL and Bobby came over and sang happy birthday to me. A part of me wishes I could freeze time that day....that I could feel that kind of perfection and joy all the time. But alas, I can't be six years old forever.

Growing up is hard to do. Life's lessons are no fun to learn. But age brings about something good...a sense of clarity about life...it's ups and downs and how to survive. I did a lot of thinking last night on the eve of my 32nd birthday. And I realized that I have always been a survivor by God's grace...and with God's grace, I always will be.

So maybe I'm not six anymore...maybe my mom couldn't squeeze me into a pink frilly dress if she tried, and I can never look forward to my dad bringing me another cake...maybe the only thing my sister could do for my hair now is hand me a bottle of frizz ease and a Chi...and maybe CCL and Bobby are too far away to sing to me....but life is good today. And...the year ahead will be good as well...this is my year of promise!...I claim it! ;)

A special thank you to all of you who made me feel special in your own special ways!

Pics for you to enjoy!


Moussey looking cute with her bandana


Moussey resting her weary head on my lap...


Curious George, Andrewji, and Sue Aunty ;)

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey sue! just to show you that i do read your blog from time to time. Sue you definitely need to claim victory on whatever you're heart desires and this year as yours..speak it and it will be true. I strongly believe in that. So go ahead girl, do your thang!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY POO. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH. WISH YOU WERE COMING TO CHI-TOWN WITH US...NEXT YEAR WE'LL BE TOGETHER. HAVE AN AWESOME DAY!

kovoor36 said...

hey sway, happy bday!! i hope you have an awesome day!! and i know this is your year.... i just know it!!:)

Anonymous said...

SUEVEE IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUEVEE, SUEVEE IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUEVEE!!!!!!! I HOPE YOU HAVE AN AWESOME DAY!!!!! Landon wanted to say Happy Birthday to you but all he managed to do was spit up formula!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUSAN! I WUV YA! :)WELL, KINDA SORTA...U KNOW WHAT I MEAN ;)

Scorps1027 said...

this was one of the best posts of yours i ever read! your memories are gold. you should write about them more, especially your dad. in my mind, i see the glow of hte bday cake, the pink frilly dress you're tugging at and the doo-wop swoop of your hair held back in that barette, the loud voices of your cousins singing a joyous rendition of happy bday. it's all so clear b/c you painted it with your words:)

have a great day!

Anonymous said...

SUEEEEE HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! LOVE YOU !!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Poo!! Here are wishes for an AMAZING year, with EACH day serving as a demonstration of God's love and grace in your life. Have a wonderful, fun-filled day!!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday sue! this IS indeed your year of promise, and I hope all of them get fulfilled this year. i miss your flog so, but i'm happy i get to see your words on here :-) HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday sue :) i hope you have a great day and a blessed year! :)

cookiemonsta said...

happy birthday munchkin. i can't wait to see all the great things that's waiting to happen :)

Anonymous said...

Have a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY! May your coming year be blessed with only the best things in life. Take care - God bless!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY B'DAY POO!! WISH YOU WERE HERE..BUT YOU ARE WITH US IN THOUGHT AND SPIRIT..WE WUV U!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Sue. I hope your year ahead is blessed with eveything your heart desires and more.

Anonymous said...

Hey Sue!

Happy Birthday girl. I really hope you have a great birthday and wish you all the best. :) --JESS AND ASH

Anonymous said...

*And I realized that I have always been a survivor by God's grace...and with God's grace, I always will be*

-very inspiring, and exactly what I needed to read at this very moment. Happy Birthday~

cala1001 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
cala1001 said...

HAPPY Birthday SUE!!!! :-D