Monday, October 02, 2006

The Weekend Update...

Encouraging Word :
God blesses those whose hearts are pure, for they will see God. Matthew 5:8 NLT

First things first....
Happy belated birthday wishes to Miss Anita and Miss Sunu K...I hope you both had fun birthdays and that this new year will be bright and blessed for you both!

My last maternal unite-free weekend was marvelous. The Esther lesson with the little girls at the women's retreat went fairly well. I'm not sure I taught them much, but they had fun making the princess wands. And...I had a great time laughin' it up with my lovely assistant, Shirley.

Saturday evening was spent with my oldest friend, Sherry. She was husband and kid-less that night, so we decided to go out to dinner. Sadly, by 8:30 pm...neither of us quite knew what to do next. We weren't feeling the bar scene, weren't interested in watching any movies that were playing, but didn't want to be middle-aged bores and go home so early. So, we decided to grab some coffee and chat for a while. I introduced to her a carmel frap and she was delightfully surprised. We surmised that we've been friends for 20 years now. I think we're both proud of having such a successful and long-standing friendship, despite the current differences in our lives...afterall, 20 years is over half of our lives.

Sunday...I worked out with my weight loss guru...or my "made" coach , as he calls himself. Shines taught me so much about weights and weight loss in general. I'm feeling extremely motivated right about now, and I can't wait to zap the rest of this weight off. I have lowered my weight goal...and now I'll have to lose 42 pounds to achieve it. Shines seems to think I can do it. I'm not sure about achieving the actual number...but I think I can def'ly reach the size goal by then. I shall keep you posted!...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so in 2 weeks, i've gotta wake up at the crack of dawn...well its the crack of dawn for ME =\...my exams begin at 8 AM!!! any recommendations for a good coffee that'll wake me up? =)

thanks for the bday wishes, poo...this saturday's an important day too ;-)

kovoor36 said...

wooohooo! good luck!!:)