Monday, October 16, 2006

Me...the girly-girl version

Encouraging Word:
May you always be filled with the fruit of your salvation . . . for this will bring much glory and praise to God. Philippians 1:11

Well, here we are...back again...another day, another dollar. It's dreary weather in Okc. The sun is hidden behind masses of gray clouds that keep spilling random droplets of rain. It's just enough rain to be annoying, not beneficial. I pulled out my gray wool pencil skirt and black sweater this morning. It made me happy. I love fall/winter. Heck...any excuse to bring out my gray and black clothes. ;)

I went shopping with Miss Sunu this weekend and invested in the hottest eyeshadow ever. Usually I stick pretty close to Walmart/Target when it comes to buying make-up. This could be why my make up never lasts throughout the day...and sadly, I'm not concerned enough to re-apply. However, after Friendster-stalking with BF one day, we both noticed a girl who had eyeshadow to match every outfit. We were both left completely inspired. This was what sparked my sudden wild hair to spend 20$ on eyeshadow at Victoria's Secret. Once there, I could hardly resist the Passion Fruit and Mango Maddness lipgloss either. =/ Tack on another 10$ bucks. Once in the car Sunu and I tried on our purchases and batted our eye lashes and puckered our lips in the rear view mirror. Sadly, the only people we impressed were each other. =/

I have started making the effort to be more of a girly-girl. I figure my Curious George t-shirt and jeans with a hole in it are not quite so impressive. Therefore, I've been investing in several "self improvements" along with busting my arss at the gym. I have to thank my "made coach," Shines for stopping me from making some grave mistakes this weekend...like going to Marble Slab and enjoying a birthday cake remix =/ and buying a new shirt at this stage in the weight loss game.

Right now, I'm tired, I'm sore, and I'm broke...but one day....it'll all be worth it! ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehehe. you're funny poo.

happy roy said...

i knew you'd come over to the dark side, sue! makeup is a girl's best friend...well it's mine at least! i was actually going to write a blog about how makeup is loyal in a way -- we can put on weight, have a bad hair day, etc, but a little makeup makes for a fabulous and flawless look!

kovoor36 said...

hehe, i dont wear makeup barely at all anymore and i defly have been feeling kinda dumpy and not girly enough, though i also worry if all of a sudden im wearing makeup, ill look weird too. decisions decisions!

cookiemonsta said...

i want to see the new girly sue's pics.
Those VS lip gloss totally makes my lips look poutier than they reall are. I think it's because it is so sticky and I hardly lick our lips when i have that on (?)