Friday, February 16, 2007

Feelin' Good Friday...

Friday is upon us...YAHOOEY. Thankfully, it will be warming up a bit this weekend. I see the sun spilling through the open blinds of the boardroom, and I am overjoyed. My "umph" has been restored! This weekend will consist of several loads of laundry and wedding dress shopping. I'm not at all anxious to do either, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

I've been thinking of creative ways to incorporate more Indian culture to the wedding. Mainly because my American friends are so excited to go to their first Indian wedding. I hate to tell them that since I'm Pentecostal, the only thing Indian in my ceremony will be bridesmaids outfits and the malayalam song. =/

Although my friends incessantly tell me that I'm a "coconut" and "White-washed"...which I HIGHLY disagree with...I really am bummed that Christian weddings don't have more of an Indian flare. Actually, Scorpsy and I talked in detail about Jacobite and Marthoma...and even they do things are special and different than the standard American wedding. I really was bummed when my photographer asked me if we were serving Indian food or doing henna. We've got none of the fun stuff!!

So, now I'm searching desperately for ways to throw in some Indian flare. Suggestions would be more than welcome!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should ride in on an elephant, then have the aisle layered in hot coals and walk up it, THEN, before reciting your vows grab a flute and charm a cobra out of a basket!!!!!!

Sue V. said...

steve, i know where u live. expect toilet-papered trees on your front lawn tomorrow, punk.

Anonymous said...

haha! i mean you guys dont incorporate the chants and things? that makes it indian?? what does your weddings consist of? i have only been to one penti wedding and i missed ceremony cause i was so sick and i felt bad to miss reception when they paid for me to be there.

Anonymous said...

Lol @ Steve. I know what you mean about the Christian weddings esp. Pentecosts ones. How about decorating the reception room in Indian decor? You can also change into an Inidan outfit for the reception and serve Indian food.

Throw in couple of Hindi songs and ask all the Pastors and their wives to dance (j/k).

Anonymous said...

Yoiu know what you should do is use indian fabric around where you actually have the ceremony. Also think about instead of using the more american style flowers and fabrics on the pews, use the indian fabric and more indian type flowers. Don't worry about it being penti, you should do what makes u happy, u only get married once and it's u'r wedding! I wish I had had the guts to do much more.