Friday, February 09, 2007

Perturbed about Papercuts...

It's Friday..the day I've been waiting for all week. It's dreary and cold, which isn't doing much good for me. I tend to believe I'm solar-powered. I can't seem to be 100% if the sun isn't shining.

Have you ever noticed that if you somehow get a papercut, then you end up getting several more? Kind of like what happens when you bite the inside of your cheek or lip...and you keep biting it over and over again. It's like one bite or one cut makes you susceptible to a dozen more. I have like 5 paper cuts on my hands right now. That's what I get for becoming a professional paper pusher.

I discovered yesterday that I have exzema on my elbows. Those of you who have seen my elbows know that I've got some chronic dry skin. People tell me I don't put enough lotion on. But lately, I've basically been immersing my elbows in all sorts of gelatinous concoctions in the search for sufficient moisture...and STILL my elbows are dry and scaley. My namesake called me yesterday and mentioned that her hubby has the same problem and the doctor said it was exzema. I feel better knowing this is actually a medical condition and not some lack of lotion induced ashyness.

Next week is Valentine's Day. For once, I will not be wearing my trusty black dress, black tights, and black pumps. I might actually celebrate and wear RED this year. My Valentine isn't on the same continent, but hey, atleast he actually exists outside of a daydream. ;)

6 comments:

happy roy said...

lucky you! the eczema is only on your elbows! i have it all over my face and body. it's quite unattractive. there's no "cure" for it, but next time you go to a physician, ask for some medicated creams. they'll alleviate some of the dryness, cracked skin and burns from the excessive dryness. gently exfoliating helps too!

i must have bitten the front inside of my top lip b/c it's swollen. but i'm one of those weird people who likes to bit the inside of my cheeks and lips after it's already irritated.

aww, look at you! you might wear red! ahh young love. ;)

i'm so happy for you, sue! i can't wait to see your wedding plans unfold!

Anonymous said...

thanks so much for your thoughts and prayers sue. what a joy that you get to wear red this year :-)

Anonymous said...

awwwww
you're gonna wear RED and celebrate valentine's day? very cute - ;)

Anonymous said...

When Luke was just a baby, he had eczema, I remember when I saw that it made me sooo sad that I started praying and anointing him with oil and guess what... he don't have it anymore. I know how eczema can be it runs in my family, not that I have it. :)

You should def wear red this year!!!! I wanna see the pic too. :)

Anonymous said...

try using aveeno lotion - it would cure it, but it will definitely calm it down

Anonymous said...

i meant it probably won't cure it