Thursday, February 22, 2007

Me vs. The Joy Stealer...

Life. Sometimes it gets the best of me, and I can't seem to dig myself out of the funk despite the fact the sun's shining.... A few weeks ago, I received a call from a friend. Our lives are typically pretty parrallel. When I got in an accident, she got into one 2 weeks later...when I fell down and sprained my ankle, she fell down and hurt her knee a few days later...now, she's getting married in April, and I'm getting married in September. We both had a hard time finding Mr. Right...so this should be a really joyous time for both of us. But sadly, it's not...

For the past several weeks, her father, her only living parent, has been suffering very strange and unexplainable health conditions. Instead of picking out flowers and invitations, she's been on bended knees crying for her dad's healing. At this point, his health condition is so bad that she doesn't even know if he will be able to walk her down the isle. When she called me a few weeks ago, she made a statement...that I often think about..."Sue, God's given us our blessing, but that doesn't mean the devil is going to let us keep it. He's going to do everything he can to steal the joy we have."

I can't measure my current situation against my friend's. However, on a daily basis I have to deal with something that steals my joy. I guess this is just life. It won't always be rosey. You won't always be on cloud nine. Things won't always make sense. And things definitely won't always go your way. But, you have to keep on...keeping on...and have faith that no matter how high those waves get, God will carry you over to the other side...and give you strength to keep walking once you get there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this true, be thankful for the lil things and try not to let the lil things bother you either... it makes for easier days:)