Monday, February 19, 2007

It's Monday..AGAIN?!?

The weekends seem to come and go so fast. I'm back to Monday...wishing for Friday all over again. The weekend was extremely productive. I did 3 loads of laundry, cleaned the apartment, dress shopped, walked the beast and read. yes, READ. yesterday, I found myself at Barnes and Noble...eager to drown my sorrow (from dress shopping) in a hot cup of java...while there, I stumbled upon some really great ideas in a few bridal magazines and i found a new book for a mere 5$. It's called the Village Bride of Beverly Hills by Kavita Daswani. It's an interesting read so far...I actually got to chapter 8 last night. It's amazing what progress can be made when you don't watch TV. Like I said, it's an interesting read...but it's a bit over the top and unrealistic. We'll see if I like it better at the end.

I've had my fill of dress shopping. If I never walk into another wedding dress store, it will be too soon. The good news is, I found a dress that I absolutely love. The bad news is, I can't seem to find it or anything remotely similar in any store. So, I'm going to bite the bullet, and pay a bit more than I wanted for the only dress I know that I will truly love. Dress shopping certifiably SUCKS.

My kid cousin's friend, Jostlyn drew this amazing picture. The kid is merely 16, beautiful, brainy, and obviously artistic. I'm trying to convince her to draw me a little something for my apartment. She's so talented...I hope she never forgets that while she's buried alive under text books while in college...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep it's Monday again. I know how u feel. That kid is definitely talented. I think it's better to buy the dress u love than saving a few bucks. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

that is a good read...i enjoyed it

Scorps1027 said...

my goodness that picture is AMAZING. does she sell her paintings? i woudl glady buy one. ask her if she would like to profit for her art:) and in other news...yayyy you found a dress!

Anonymous said...

Hey you should use your cousin to draw the cover of your next book!!!

J

Anonymous said...

im glad you found a dress! if you love it, its worth a few more bucks!!! and that looks like a picture! not drawing! her talent is amazing and yes, id also buy some for my walls!!:)