Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The past two times that SunuA's dad has walked into his home while I've been there, Sunu, Aunty, and I are huddled around the TV watching someone's wedding video...like it's a must see episode of Lost. Last week it was Nina's...Yesterday it was Sonia's. Uncle never asks us why we're watching them. He just sits down on the couch and watches it with us. Before I left last night, I promised him I'd be back next week with another wedding video...same time...same place. He chuckled. I guess he just assumes I'm in some sort of preparation mode for my own. But actually, I just love weddings. I could watch them *and fast forward the preaching* all day...every day.

Last night I brought over the henna tubes that Sangita gave us since we missed out on the mehndi part of her baby shower. SunuA painstakingly created a pretty fly design on my hand. She impressed both of us with her natural skills. Of course, her mom wasn't too happy about us temporarily tatooing our hands...because we pentes never get to do the fun stuff. But, I'm in a rebellious mode these days...and I know my own mom wouldn't notice my red stamped hands even if I waved it 2 inches from her face. I figure if someone notices at church and starts to cow...I'll just throw up my henna tat and say "talk to the hand!" HA!






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahhah sunu a's parents watched too?? they prolly were like who are these martho heathens!!:) and the henna looks really nice!! pretty impressive for amateur work!!

Scorps1027 said...

hahah i agree with nina. if they saw my video they would think it was release of the heathens as well!!

Anonymous said...

I love it! I wish I was there to join u too. :) We could all be heathens together! heheheh :)