Thursday, February 08, 2007

The weather outside is frightful...

Believe it or not, Billy's story about the capuchin monkey in his office was absolutely TRUE. I wouldn't have believed it myself lest he forwarded me a message from one of his co-workers regarding the subject matter. I think Billz might have finally found an environment suitable for him...

Well, my meeting with the she-pastor went very well. I now have a church and reception hall reserved for our wedding. I think I can relax for the rest of the month...I tend to get excited and want to do EVERYTHING all at once. If I don't slow down, I'll have nothing to do later, which will only make the months go by even slower. Before I left for India, Miss Shirley told me that the time between our engagment and our wedding would be the hardest time to get through. She's right. Week 2 and I'm already having Matt withdrawals. I can't imagine how it's going to be at MONTH 6.

It's freezing in OKC. I'm ready for spring. But, I don't expect to see it until some time in May. Sheryl, me and Sunu A were supposed to go to a Hornets game tonight, but since parking downtown is atrocious and we can't get there early to find a decent space we decided to bail. It's no fun going to a game when you have to park 10 miles away and walk in 6 degree weather. (okay, maybe I tend to exaggerate just a wee bit!)

Gandhi once said that he would have been Christian if it weren't for Christians. I've been thinking about that lately. That is such a sad statement. But, very true. It seems that the Christians that proclaim Christianity the most are the ones with the most biterness and hatred towards others. How can we be used by the Lord as a witness of His love if we have more foes than friends? I've had to check myself on this issue this week when I reacted VERY badly to something that made me very angry. I had to totally take a step back and examine my response, my language, and my thoughts. I guess sometimes it's easier to point out how others hurt us or what others do wrong instead of really thinking about what we do wrong. If more of us practiced what we preached and treated each other with love and respect instead of trying to get the last word in all the time or responding with hate instead of love...maybe we could be more of a testimony of Christ's love and grace. Just something to think about....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW u'r on the go girl! I totally agree about christians.

kovoor36 said...

wow you defly are getting things done!! have a great weekend!!

Anonymous said...

man - what a statement - but honestly i have heard many ppl say similar things and i just wonder sometimes who we are in this world when we proclaim that we're christians. interesting and thought provoking sue, thanks:)

Anonymous said...

wow
i totally just wrote my name wrong above - what a dork.