Monday, February 12, 2007

Kids Say the Darndest Thing...

Sunday afternoon, Alexis Grace decided to grace the world with her early arrival. Congratulations to big sis, Ang and proud parents, Julie and Derrick. I have pictures to share, but as usual...I forgot my card reader. Hopefully I'll have my act together tomorrow, so I can post her pictures. Let's just say, that so far, lil' Miss Alex is a mini Ang. I can't wait to see what she looks like as she gets bigger. Seeing Micahji and Alex in the same room was so crazy to me. It just seemed like yesterday that he made his grand entrance. Now, he looks a little like a giant compared to the newest baby. Kids grow up way too fast.

I had the pleasure of co-babysitting Ang and Micah on Friday night. For the first time ever Ang actually warmed up to me quite a bit. She sat on my lap and brushed my hair. I was pretty excited, so I decided to push my luck a bit and strike up a conversation with her...

Me: Ang, are we best friends?
Ang: *NO RESPONSE*
Me: Hmm...ok Ang are we friends at least?
Ang: *NO RESPONSE*
Me: Hmmmmm...ok Ang, are we acquaintances?
Ang: YEP!

Ha! Kids say the darndest things! Meanwhile, Micahji decided he wanted to be a night owl. Try as we might, none of us could put us to sleep. It was time for me to step up the game and pull out the old "Ba-bo" technique. This technique has worked for 3 babies in the past, so I knew it was no-fail. Basically, it consists of me chanting "Ba-Bo" in very monotone voice while bouncing the child rythemically...pretty soon the child enters a trance like phase and then finally sleeps. According to the Illustrious Finuji, Micah mentioned that he was so tired of hearing my horrifying lullaby, he just shut his eyes so I would stop. Although Micah can't really talk to communicate that...it sounds HIGHLY probable.

In other news...I loved the photographer I met this weekend. I'll definitely be using his services. As for the dress shopping. It was just as horrifying as I suspected it would be. But, I have no choice but to try...try again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do agree Kids do say the darndest things. :) Did u see any dresses you like at least? Keep trying until you find the one that you love!

Anonymous said...

ooh new babies! cant wait for some pix! im glad things are progressing, though the dress thing hasnt happened yet, it will:)