Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I said V...Veeeeeee as in Victor!!!

Last night, I began to really think about how my life will be changing drastically in just a few months. I examined my day, incorporated Matt into the picture, and decided life is going to be a heck of a lot better...

My eyes will open at 6:30 am. Instead of sleeping through the alarm until 7 am, which I sometimes do...he will assuredly wake me up to tell me the alarm is going off. Once I stumble out of bed, I let Mousse out of her kennel and take her for a walk to the apartment's "pet station", so she can take care of business. This whole chore will be Matt's responsibility. I couldn't be happier. He will take on all Mousse-related duties. This leaves me able to sleep till 6:45 and get ready for work accordingly. After getting ready, I'll make my way to the kitchen to eat breakfast and pack my lunch. Of course, I'll have to make sure that he too has breakfast and lunch, but that won't be too bad since I love to cook. Then...I'll open the closet where Mousse's food is stored and fill up her bowl and inevitably notice that the trash can is full. I'll sigh in relif because all trash-related duties will now be his as well! No more walks to the big trash bin.

At lunch time, I'll call Matt. No longer will I have to worry about my minutes being consumed on my cell. He'll be one of my 10 friends and favorites and I can talk to him for free. Not only that, but our conversation won't be filled with "Huhs, Whats, and I can't hear what your sayings."

On my way home from work I can actually stop at the grocery store, book store, my moms, etc...without having to worry about Mousse's bladder exploding or her being mad that I'm late and chewing up something she shouldn't....because, again, all Mousse-related duties will be Matt's! He can take the beast for a run, and i can run at my own pace with out being dragged 60 miles an hour behind a maniac dog.

Then, we can come home and have dinner. I won't have to sit at my table alone and watch TV or stare at Mousse while she gives me the "I'm a poor, sweet, starving puppy" look. And weekends will be great too. I'll actually have someone to use my 2 for 1 Allied Arts Card with...we can watch plays and go to the arts museum...and I won't have to beg or plead because he likes to do those things too.

Best of all I will no longer have to have this conversation with people:
"Varghese. Var-geese. V as in victor...ar..gh..e..s as in susan...e. no, no, not B. V. Vee. no. not B as in Boy. V as in Victor."

I'm sure along with the good will come the bad...like cleaning up after him, finding the toilet seat up, arguing about caloric and fat content of food, blah blah, etc etc....but right now, the good's looking pretty dern' good.

9 comments:

Scorps1027 said...

ahh, optimism..that's a cute trait, especially regarding men:) hahaha...no your life will defly be enriched and be better, now what irritations ensue, tha'ts all the fun of marriage!

buckle up for the journey!

Anonymous said...

hahaha, i was abt to say... im still trying to hosuetrain toby!! you think its goig nto be liek that immediately?? oh of course it will! im not trying to dissuade you from marriage! we will just commiserate later!:)

Anonymous said...

hehehe... girl u've got a long ways to go. I think my hubby and I'll get to that place in another 10 years. (lol) Marriage is wonderful and to share it with someone is even better. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

correction: to share it with someone you love is even better... (lol)

Anonymous said...

so cute! you guys will take care of each other =)

Anonymous said...

uhm...when is matty going to fit work in?

Anonymous said...

I've officially been replaced =(

Ji-Ji... said...

i thoroughly enjoyed this post.. keep the optimism Suevee :) it sounds like he'll be a nicely "kept man." :) and you'll be the "sugar momma."
oh and i totally hear you on the "V as in Victor." I used to say that a lot, and Ghese as in a flock of "geese." Life is simpler now that i'm an Abraham :)

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed this post.