Wednesday, February 14, 2007

It's VALENTINE'S DAY!!...I woke up bright and early this morning to rummage through my closet to find something that's just the right shade of red. What did I come up with?? My usual Valentine's black dress with a red sweater over it. Hey, it's better than the black dress with the black sweater over it. I'm progressing! ;)

Happy Valentine's Day to you all...I have 2 special V-Day shout outs...The first goes out to Sunu A, who has been my faithful Valentine companion for the past several years. We usually both splurge and buy cards and heart shaped nick-nacks for each other in the firm belief that every girl should feel special on Valentine's day, then we go out to eat and discuss how much singlehood sucks. This year, my faithful companion is out of town, so I think I'll fix dinner for me and Mousse and discuss how much Mousse's most recent behavior sucks!

The second shout out goes out to my Valentine, Matt. *CAUTION- THIS MIGHT BE TOO SICKENINGLY SWEET FOR YOU, RAT RACERS* Happy Valentine's Day, Love. I am so happy to have finally found you....You are worth every minute of the looooooong wait!! ;) I'm looking forward to spending next Valentine's Day with you...and all the rest of them too!

My absolute favorite moment of my India trip comes to mind...Remember listening to this song on the train?

"You Found Me"
Is this a dream?
If it isPlease don't wake me from this high
I've become comfortably numb
Until you opened up my eyes
To what it's like
When everything's right
I can't believe
You found me
When no one else was lookin'
How did you know just where I would be?
Yeah, you broke through
All of my confusion
The ups and the downs
And you still didn't leave
I guess that you saw what nobody could see
You found me
You found me

So, here we are
That's pretty far
When you think of where we've been
No going back
I'm fading out
All that has faded me within
You're by my side
Now everything's fine
I can't believe
You found me
When no one else was lookin'
How did you know just where I would be?
Yeah, you broke through
All of my confusion
The ups and the downs
And you still didn't leave
I guess that you saw what nobody could see
You found me
And I was hiding'
Til you came along
And showed me where I belong
You found me
When no one else was lookin'
How did you know?
How did you know?

You found me
When no one else was lookin'
How did you know just where I would be?
Yeah, you broke through
All of my confusion
The ups and the downs
And you still didn't leave
I guess that you saw what nobody could see
You found me...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scoots..... yeah, so happy for you, and you know this.. but I have to give the obligatory brother response to your blog....ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!! Happy Valentines day sis

Anonymous said...

can i have a plate of "ick" with my side of "ewww"? TOTALLY KIDDING! heehheee. im' so happy for you and can picture you running in some meadow singing hindi songs replete with costume changes (red sweater over black dress of course)

happy v-day!

Ji-Ji... said...

aww, that was so sweet :) no ewww here... lol to Scorps comments, i can visualize it as well :)
Happy Valentine's day to you & Matt!

Anonymous said...

yay for sway!! happy valentines day honie! i hope this is only the beginning of syrupy sweet posts from you!!!:)

Anonymous said...

gross...thats too much for me :) trickeeyee...

Anonymous said...

awww..i'll definitely miss u today poo:( ..but happy valentines day to you and to mattie...love ya

Anonymous said...

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
:)