Monday, February 26, 2007

Sangita's Babies' Shower...


At the time, I didn't realize how great this past weekend really was, but looking back, I had lots of fun. Sunday, Sunu A and I went to our friend Sangita's "Indian Baby Shower" in Tulsa. It reminded me that making new friends is great, but spending time with old ones is the absolute best.

I feel like I learned a lot about Gujarati culture. Mainly, Guju chicks really know how to do it up Indian style. Their clothes and jewelry are so vibrant and gorgeous. I thought I had somewhat of an impressive bangle collection until I saw Sang's.

The drive back to OKC consisted of a mad search for the perfect reception song. I want a definite upbeat Indian flare. I never knew how hard this decision was going to be!!

Below...pics of Sang's festivities...

Sang making her grand entrance with her bin...





my artistic shot of the day...of my own lap. ;)




blessings from big brother and the world's sweetest sister-in-law


the parents to be




all the lovely ladies that will be spoiling the babies wrotten






the coconut transfer... =)







my favorite part...bead bracelets!






cake cutting...






two peas in a pod are on their way




















me and the beautiful mom to be

























Sang and Sunu





















































3 comments:

Anonymous said...

such colorful pix! glad you had a good time!

Anonymous said...

wow those colors are all so fun arent they? sometimes i get so happy that we're indian bc we can just throw so many colors together and it looks HOT:)

~*~
meanwhile, i like your dream sue;)

Anonymous said...

sangita looks beautiful =) congratulations to the parents-to-be...

hiya stranger ;-)