Monday, May 07, 2007

Chukde Phattey

You must be wondering what the title to my blog means. I have no idea. Maybe our hindi speaking readers can help us out with that one. I just know it's a Hindi song, and for some reason, it makes me laugh. It stormed like crazy last night. It was perfect weather to sleep in...minus the fact that my 75 pound dog wouldn't get in her crate and proceeded to roam around all night. Roam around on my bed, that is. =/ I was just way too tired to use brute force to get her into the kennel...and I definitely suffered the consequences.
I usually hate rainy days, but I think this one is beautiful...of course, it'd be downright gorgeous if I could snuggled under my comforter dreaming of white sands and blue waters. But, alas...another Monday is upon us, and I'm behind my desk once again.
I mentioned last Friday that Saturday, May 5th was a special day. Not only was it Cinco de Mayo...but it was KT's birthday and the Piper's wedding day!...but Saturday became even more special because early that morning, my newest niece, Madeline was born. If she had come just one week earlier, I could have seen her when I was in Dallas. I can't wait for her daddy to send me pictures!!
Other than that, the weekend was rather uneventful. I spent most of it cooking at the MU's house since her eyeballs are out of commission. I also tried on a few veils and made my niece's flowerball that she'll be carrying during the wedding. That was definitely the highlight of the weekend. I will post a picture of it just as soon as I get it together and upload pics from my camera.
I also spent the entire weekend watching Friends. The Furball loaned me her season 1 and 2 DVD's, which I've been watching non-stop since Friday. It doesn't matter how many times I've seen an episode...I still laugh.
Well, here's to another week....

2 comments:

kovoor36 said...

ooh cant wait ot see pix! and madeline is a beautiful name:) have a good week!

Anonymous said...

Sue, this might help:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=chak+de+phattey