Wednesday, May 23, 2007

friggin' weigh-in friggin' wednesday

Good Wednesday, rat racers. I think I'm going to start doing Yoga. I took a class a few years ago and made a public spectacle of myself. So, this time I thought I'd give it a go in the privacy of my own living room. I need to do something that will allow me to take some of the tension away from my neck and shoulders...The tension is starting to produce migraines and pretty soon, I'm convinced that my neck is gonna just snap off. I must be getting OLD.

As for Weigh-In Wednesday, I lost a pound....a total of 5 now. The graduation festivities and the trip to the Chinese buffet with the maternal unit are probably some very good reasons as to why I didn't lose more. I'm very disappointed with myself. I don't know why it's so hard for me this time around...to be focused and committed. I wish I had the will power of my neighbor, the Furball...but I don't...and I wish I enjoyed torturing myself with brutal work outs like my fiancé does, but I don't.

Speaking of the fiance...I always hear people telling us how horrible our engagement pictures were...but Matt sent me one, which I cropped a bit, that actually is half way decent. I mean, at least we both are somewhat smirking at least. ;) Anyway, the brown Howie is half way here. we got some good news the other day, so it's just a matter of time...a month...two...God willing...before he's here. Now you'd think THAT would put some fire under my gluteus maximus. I guess I'm just waiting for him to get here and go all Nazi drill Sargent on me with the work outs and food consumption. Aye-yi-yi...how is it that a girl whose head was all turned by chubby, short guys with gotees and an appetite ended up with a guy whose current goal is to get his six pack back. And I ain't talking cokes either...=/

PS...If you have my phone number...please don't dial it at the 8 o'clock hour!! The season finale of LOST is on...and I can't miss a milisecond!

4 comments:

Scorps1027 said...

well, yay for the one pound. i know it may not be 3 or 4, but heck, a pound is a pound! i'm glad howie will motivate you though. perhaps you are waiting for him to come and be a super drill sargeant, and i bet you will complain every single second:)

i'ts hard to lose weight when you have big events or are eating out. i'm proud that you were able to lose anything at all! keep up the faith!

Anonymous said...

How come u guys are not holding hands or he is putting his arm around you? lol

I agree with Sibil, one pound is one pound and it's way better than nothing. Only I had your motivation to shed some pounds.

Sue V. said...

lol...because we are incredibly shy and haven't worked our nerve up to display affection publically. he doesn't have his arm around me...i have myself in front of his arm. ;)

kovoor36 said...

i gained a lb this month so i wish i lost one!! its defly better than gaining! and im super pissed too cause i have been excercising some and eating a bit better too!! i freaking hate it!! anyhoo, what did you think abt lost?!?!?!! flash fwd? crazy!!