Monday, May 21, 2007

Along with the good...comes the bad...

Nala was the ideal dog. She was well-behaved, loving, playful, and friendly to babies and grownups too. I don't ever remember her ever jumping on me, bounding towards me, or anything else annoying that my dog loves to do. She was a good dog by nature, but also because that's the way her mother (CCL) raised her to be. We (all of us cousins) got big dogs in hopes of having a great dog like Nala to come home to. Sadly, none of the rest of us got so lucky. Nala went through a lot of Lisa's life changes with her...college, marriage, children...and survived them all...But on Friday, good ol', faithful Nala was diagnosed with Cancer and Saturday her parents put her to sleep. I couldn't blog today with out posting a special tribute to the best dog I've ever known....Rest in Peace, Nala. You are missed...

In other news, this weekend was insanely busy. I need a weekend just to rest up from the weekend that I had!! But, no such luck. My own dog met with a little mishap yesterday..when she got bit in the nose by some mongrel. Her nose was bleeding profusely. I was surprised at my own reaction...First thing I wanted to do was call her dad...but realized there was little he could do from another continent. Then, I washed off the blood from her nose, called the Furball for emotional support, then called the vet for advice. If any of you want a child, but wonder if you're capable of handling one at this moment in time...get a dog. Seriously, it's pretty much the same sense of responsibility you feel...the only difference is that you can lock the dog up in the cage sometimes. I think Mousse will survive, but she's going to take some antibiotics just in case the mongrel had some cooties.

Miss Leslie graduated high school last night. We are very proud of her! Congrats, Les...and good luck to you as you start college life at OU!

The senior class of PCN 2007

The graduate with her fam...
Les and Jostlyn (the resident artist on the blog)

Last but not least...The book festival was great. I worried for no reason. The session was painless, the signing didn't get much traffic because the key note speaker was on at the same time...and the TV interview was very cool! I went through make up and sound check...it was totally the real deal! I loved it...lots of fun!!
The italian stallion, who stopped by for a signed book! ;)

1 comment:

kovoor36 said...

i hope mousse is ok! and sorry to ccl to have to put her dog down. how are the kids taking it?? and yay for the session going well! i knew it would!!:)