Thursday, May 31, 2007

chocolate cake that won't make your belly shake...

The sun is out today. It's the first time I've seen it in several days and according to weather.com, it will be the last time I see it in several days as well. BOO! I spent the better part of the evening yesterday making a WW cake for my boss's birthday today. Usually I make Birthday Brownies, since it's the treat of choice around here. But, my boss has joined me in the FAF...fight against fat...so, she decided to forgo the brownies and opt for something a little less decadent. Apparently, if you buy a box cake and pour a can of diet coke in it, instead of oil and eggs, it cuts the calories considerably. I topped of the cake with light cool whip and mini chocolate chips, we'll see how good it actually is.

I started addressing wedding invitations last night. I bought a very cool pink, glitter pen and had a field day...until...my mother called. She was not happy with the fact that I didn't have an inner envelope to write out each person's name individually. I guess writing the "Mr and Mrs and FAMILY"...doesn't get the point across that the entire family is invited? *Sigh* I've come to the realization that I can not please everyone all the time. There will always be complaints...always.

I could seriously use some time off, but that's just wishful thinking at this point...My next day off will be July 4th. It can't come soon enough. =/

Update...I just tried the diet coke cake...and it's excellent! ok, maybe not EXCELLENT...but it's not bad at all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

diet coke cake? eek!

Scorps1027 said...

diet cake is seriously a dieting baker's best friend, i've heard! i need to try this cake and have it around for those times of the month where NOTHING but chocolate will do!

kovoor36 said...

hmmmm, ill have to try to some choc cake with a diet coke can instead of the stuff that makes it yummy! and you are right, you cant please everyone, im glad you know better than to stress it!