Friday, May 04, 2007

When I was in Bombay, my uncle kept suggesting that I write a book called "The India that I Saw." I didn't think I could write a book based upon my observations, but I knew I could write an article...so I did. The owner of "Sunny News" was tickled pink when he discovered that his editor (Matt) was hooking up with a writer (me), and told me that he would love to publish some of my short stories. I didn't know how appropriate my weird short stories were for Indian readers, so I decided to submit an article instead....

Matt sent me this picture of this week's "Sunny News." I could flog him for using my picture with the story...especially this picture. Something tells me that Bombay citizens will think I that wearing a jacket with a churidhar is a fashion faux paux.
In other news...tomorrow's a BIG day...not only is it Cinco De Mayo...but, it's cousin Krissy's Happy Birthday!...andddddd, Pipe and Nancy's wedding day! Congrats to the happy couple!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahahhahahaha......Sue writing about India?
Hey what's Bharat?
By the way you never returned my call! Bookmark?

kovoor36 said...

good to have people in high places! thats cool to be published there! no i have to read the article! happy bday krissy!! and congrats to pipes and nancy!

Suja Kodumthara said...

wat the hook ups? ;) good job, suevee!

meanwhile, i haven't run into jyme yet, but there is a maximum wurth of a hispanic man here at the hotel. i should ask if he knows him....wasn't jyme hispanic? ;)

Anonymous said...

maximum wurth! :)

Anonymous said...

i vas very very impressed vith your article. It vas very vell formed, and your venacular vas very notable. You are surely to be one of the great up and coming writers of our time. Good job. Keep up the good vork.

Anonymous said...

oooh i read it.. and i like it.. the awesome-ness of hooking up w/ the editor. i've heard of casting couch-es... but shoo ;)

Anonymous said...

sue - sheesh you're like famous! you're international!
who Aaaaaaare you suevee?
;)
ok i'm being SO dramatic!