Monday, May 07, 2007

Goodness...gracious...great balls of flowers!

This weekend I happened to get many supplies needed for a few of my wedding crafts 50% off at my favorite store...Hobby Lobby. I know they'd probably all be on sale again before September, but I just couldn't resist getting a head start! When I talked to m florist about making a flower ball for my niece to hold instead of the traditional basket...she quoted me $75. I figured I could do the same thing for a fraction of the cost. And sure enough...I did! This flower ball may not be real, but I figure Marissa can keep it, and knowing her...she'll want. I made this for the low, low price of $15! Right about now...I'm really liking the wedding colors I've chosen. Pink and yellow are happy colors!



7 comments:

happy roy said...

if you've got some spare time in the next 2.5 weeks, wanna make me 4 of those and a ring bearer pillow? ;) i promised myself that i'd make these items but with time running out, i have had to postpone my crafts till the week before the wedding. if you think that's cutting it close, would you believe i dont have a veil, a hairstyle and i haven't gone for a fitting yet? gotta love planning a long distance wedding!

kovoor36 said...

wow, that turned out really nice!! im sure marissa will lvoe the keepsake, meanwhile my two flowergirls have yet to return my baskets and i thought to save them for the next wedding around... i guess not!!

Anonymous said...

i am totally loving the ball. great job sue! Shoo i'd want to keep it too.

Anonymous said...

that looks great...u have a one heck of a talent...

Anonymous said...

wow. i must say you have made me proud. that looks great, as a matter of fact you may have just surpassed me in talent.

Anonymous said...

sue you are so freakin creative!
it looks EXCELLENT! and you're right, marissa would prob love to keep it;)
good job sue, when can we talk so i can figure out how you made that thing? ;)

Scorps1027 said...

wow, good job with these! they look wonderful!