Monday, October 15, 2012

Character Profile...Birthday Edition

Those of you who have followed my blog for a while know what a character profile is...and those of you who have stumbled upon my post today are in for a real treat...because today you get the priveledge of having some insight into a woman of great mystery...my sister! 

Name: Annie
Indian Name: Beena
Nick Name: Bueno

Birthday: OCTOBER 15TH!!!  I would tell you how old she is, but I'm going to get into enough trouble for writing this post...why make things even worse?  I will say...my sister is like a fine wine...she simply gets better with age! 

Guilty Pleasure:  Days of Our Lives.  We started watching the show together years ago.  Believe it or not, our Dad got us hooked on it.  I quickly kicked the habit when Marlena came back from the dead for the 6th time.  But, my sister can't seem to get enough of Bo & Hope and the whole Salem crew.

Favorite Drink:  Cherry Seven Up.  Her first job was a locally owned drug store called Hyde Drug.  In fact, it was my first job too...and the absolute only reason I got the job was because I was Annie's little sister.  I digress..She used to bring home a 2 liter of Cherry Seven Up ration it out to me and CCL. 

Quirks: She always asks my nephew if he's washed his hands.  Now, I understand...sometimes kids need to be reminded of these things.  But, the kid is 18...and if he hasn't learned to wash his hands yet...he's never going to.  But, I will  let that quirk slide because she is a mother and these are the kind of annoying questions a mother asks. However, the one habit I do find challenging to deal with is when we have a conversation about someone or something...and 48 hours later, she picks that conversation back up, yet doesn't clue me in on the fact that she has done so and will say a sentence chalked full of pronouns and no proper nouns to clue me into what the heck we're talking about.  For instance...if we're talking about "Hope" on Days of Our Lives on Tuesday...Thursday afternoon she will says something like..."Her eyebrows are shaped so well."  And I'm looking around the room for "her" and will ask her who she's talking about...and she'll say "Hope!" Like I should know that our conversation from 48 hours ago never ended.

Talents:  Now, my sister seems to think she isn't very talented...See her husband is quite a talented guy...He can sing...he can dance...he can sew.  (Yes, I said sew...real men can sew in case you didn't know!)  And then...I'm the crafty one in the family...so her talents get overlooked.  My sister is an amazing cook!  Now, I used to think this back in the day when she made things like tater tot casseroles and apple crisp.  But now...she scoffs at those simplistic recipes!  Eating at her house is like fine dining at a restaraunt.  And she doesn't realize it...but it is truly her talent.

Funniest Memory:  When she washed all of my uncle's white shirts with a red sock!

Something that most folks don't know:  My sister and I are totally different people...she is very private.  She would never talk about her daily life in a blog like I do.  But, if she did...you would know that although she is tiny she's as tough as nails...and she has no comprehension of her own strength and resiliance.

So, today...I'm wishing my favorite...and only...big (little) sister a very Happy Birthday!
 

No comments: