Monday, October 01, 2012

Today is your birthday...Happy Birthday to Ya!

No weekend review today…I spent my weekend doing more laundry than I care to talk about.
So instead …I have a birthday shout out…
Happy 40th birthday to Sheba, one of my oldest and dearest friends. When my parents moved us to Oklahoma…I never even heard of the state…and I wasn’t too thrilled about leaving Texas and my cousins and moving to this unknown territory where I knew no one. A few days after we got here, my parents took us to a church picnic…We pulled up to the park and I saw an older girl pushing a younger girl on the swing. Little did I know that the friendship I would forge with both of those girls would last a lifetime! The older girl was Sheb, and the little girl was my friend NC. Sheb and her family have seen me through some of the most difficult times of my life… and I will never forget their support and kindness. Though distance has separated us as we’ve grown up…it really hasn't phased us. She’s one of those people I don’t have to see every day or every year even…our friendship always remains the same... 
So, Sheb…thank you for being my friend for the past 28 years...  I hope your birthday is a special one…because you are!

No comments: