Monday, October 22, 2012

Weekend in Review...Adventures in Babysitting

I spent Saturday watching my friend, Mo's daughter, Brailey. I'm sure most of you have never heard that name before...and that's because her mom made it up.  She couldn't decide between Bailey and Riley...and decided to combine them! This was the first time I've ever baby sat her...or any other non-family kiddo by myself.  I was a little nervous.  She's almost 4, so I was thrilled that she had the whole potty training thing down...but, I was afraid that I'd bore her to tears and that she might have a melt down and want her mom back.
But, we watched Rio about 615 times and watched Doodlebops 916 times, made some Halloween crafts, and drew outside with chalk...and that pretty much kept her entertained.
 She also brought her doll to play with...This doll is the biggest most frightening doll I've ever seen in my life.  I kept one eye on her at all times to make sure I didn't catch its' head spinning 360 degrees.  Brailey calls her doll "Hailey"...but I call her Big Bertha.
 Last but not least...I've decided to make a few soups this week...
Sunday night I made chicken enchilada soup.  It was super spicy and pretty delish...as Hrithik Roshan would say...I give it three thumbs up!
Next Saturday is my Ghoul's night...I was hoping I'd get some more RSVPs this weekend...but as my luck would have it...someone who did RSVP reneged.  At this point...I hope it's not  just me and mousse sitting here staring at my halloween decorations and sipping chocolatinis.
 


No comments: